Ban Dead End Roads

randyp

Dead end narrow blacktop farm roads oughta be banned unless they have 40 acres at the end of them to turn that "sumbitch" around. I scratched Killer B up a lil, ifn I was a waxing person, which I aint, they would wax out, just limb scratches. I scoped that gate out in my pickup before I launched out down it. The landowner asked me if I could make the turn through his gate, the gate wasnt concerning me, it was the giant red oaks on each side of it, hell, I can destroy gates or fenceposts if I have to. I dont think I can drag a red oak down with killer though. Anyways, I studied it and pondered and kicked dirt, knowing if I couldnt make turn, it was a long ways out backwards with dozer on back, if I ever even managed to get straight again. Unloading dozer on blacktop would be a definite no-no. Long story short, I used every available bit of square footage, tortured steering wheel, cussed, hyperventilated, exasperated, agitated, but got through gate with the proverbial c*nt hair to spare. Whoo,,,coming back out wont be a problem since there is a lil room to maneuver inside gate. If I ever have to do that again, think I may just disassemble dozer and hand carry it through one piece at a time,,,,Tired Randy

Dead end narrow blacktop farm roads oughta be banned unless they have 40 acres at the end of them to turn that "sumbitch" around. I scratched Killer B up a lil, ifn I was a waxing person, which I aint, they would wax out, just limb scratches. I scoped that gate out in my pickup before I launched out down it. The landowner asked me if I could make the turn through his gate, the gate wasnt concerning me, it was the giant red oaks on each side of it, hell, I can destroy gates or fenceposts if I have to. I dont think I can drag a red oak down with killer though. Anyways, I studied it and pondered and kicked dirt, knowing if I couldnt make turn, it was a long ways out backwards with dozer on back, if I ever even managed to get straight again. Unloading dozer on blacktop would be a definite no-no. Long story short, I used every available bit of square footage, tortured steering wheel, cussed, hyperventilated, exasperated, agitated, but got through gate with the proverbial c*nt hair to spare. Whoo,,,coming back out wont be a problem since there is a lil room to maneuver inside gate. If I ever have to do that again, think I may just disassemble dozer and hand carry it through one piece at a time,,,,Tired Randy

P.S. It would probably behoove me to learn to turn some dozer jobs down every now and then,,randy

Ah, so that's where you've been. Well, just so long as Killer B is OK i guess we'll forgive your prolonged absence.

We're gonna have to get you and Mark the Furniture Man together. He's one truck backing-up son-of-a-gun. If only those guys up North could give him directions on how to get back out of Mass. (I'm only here to get directions on how to get away from here).

P.S. It would probably behoove me to learn to turn some dozer jobs down every now and then,,randy

Now we know that's not going to happen.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Ah, so that's where you've been. Well, just so long as Killer B is OK i guess we'll forgive your prolonged absence.

We're gonna have to get you and Mark the Furniture Man together. He's one truck backing-up son-of-a-gun. If only those guys up North could give him directions on how to get back out of Mass. (I'm only here to get directions on how to get away from here).

Now we know that's not going to happen.

My next invention will be a long saw blade welded to both sides of lowboy to just saw my way through gates. I bet Mark will be wanting one of those, maybe one to saw fire plugs off,,LOL,,,randy

thats why i always back in. then i know i'm good to leave.

See Randy I told ya you'd be missed if ya didn't sign-in and you were. I got some wax if ya need some. Wax on Wax off....good story, if I need dozer work i'll call ya and see if killer can make it to Tennessee. :lol:

mike

Wella,,Killer can make it, at blistering pace of 58.214 MPH, not sure if I could stand bellering blue though, still havent gotten a muffler on it. I really gotta put that on my "To do list". Thanks for offer of wax, but I just dont never wax nothing, or wash it for that matter,,heh heh,,I dont rub on em, I just drive em,,,randy

That's not as bad as Jo hitting a tree in the front yard with the pickup. She was backing up, no trailer involved, and put a big dent right in the rear corner of the cab on the right side. The tree has always been there by the way.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

That's not as bad as Jo hitting a tree in the front yard with the pickup. She was backing up, no trailer involved, and put a big dent right in the rear corner of the cab on the right side. The tree has always been there by the way.

If mine had done that, she would have accused me of moving the tree,,randy

Randy, I hear ya about the tight spots & moving equipment!

You got 'er done with no "sheet metal modifications" so you done good!

I get sent to some pretty screwed up places with our RGN trailers sometimes too, like those curvy narrow dead end roads in rich neighborhoods near Lake Winnebago. Drive in, detach, find a place to get the tractor out of the way, unload the machine, reconnect and back ALL the way out again, dealing with rich bastards that pull up behind you and sit there, because THEY'RE important and shouldn't have to pull in a driveway temporarily to let you through!

We carry a set of plastic mats on each trailer so we can unload tracked machines on the pavement without hurting anything.

Yesterday I had to drop off a Skytrak forklifr at a jobsite in Green Bay, late afternoon, heavy traffic, jobsite all full of shit so there was no way to get off the road to unload. I had to detach in the street, in the righthand travel lane, unload the machine & drive the machine into the jobsite. As I was walking back out to the trailer, I saw that a friendly cop had pulled in behind the detached trailer with his lighrs on. Uh oh, this might not be good, I thought to myself. Cop walked over & said "This is dangerous, you've got no lights on the back of that trailer & there could be a bad accident!"

I explained to him that the lights don't work when the trailer is detached, and I had no way to get off the road to unload. Officer then agreed to leave his lights going and sit there til I got reconnected & was ready to leave. I thanked the officer for that. Then I reconnected with lightning speed, stowed my chains & binders & off I went!!!!!! Next stop, pick up a 953 track loader in Kaukauna & bring it back to the yard!!!!!

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Randy, I hear ya about the tight spots & moving equipment!

You got 'er done with no "sheet metal modifications" so you done good!

I get sent to some pretty screwed up places with our RGN trailers sometimes too, like those curvy narrow dead end roads in rich neighborhoods near Lake Winnebago. Drive in, detach, find a place to get the tractor out of the way, unload the machine, reconnect and back ALL the way out again, dealing with rich bastards that pull up behind you and sit there, because THEY'RE important and shouldn't have to pull in a driveway temporarily to let you through!

We carry a set of plastic mats on each trailer so we can unload tracked machines on the pavement without hurting anything.

Yesterday I had to drop off a Skytrak forklifr at a jobsite in Green Bay, late afternoon, heavy traffic, jobsite all full of shit so there was no way to get off the road to unload. I had to detach in the street, in the righthand travel lane, unload the machine & drive the machine into the jobsite. As I was walking back out to the trailer, I saw that a friendly cop had pulled in behind the detached trailer with his lighrs on. Uh oh, this might not be good, I thought to myself. Cop walked over & said "This is dangerous, you've got no lights on the back of that trailer & there could be a bad accident!"

I explained to him that the lights don't work when the trailer is detached, and I had no way to get off the road to unload. Officer then agreed to leave his lights going and sit there til I got reconnected & was ready to leave. I thanked the officer for that. Then I reconnected with lightning speed, stowed my chains & binders & off I went!!!!!! Next stop, pick up a 953 track loader in Kaukauna & bring it back to the yard!!!!!

heh heh,,,I got winded just reading all that hard work Herb! Amen on all that and it is very hard work, both mental and physical. I actually studied that farm road and dern giant twin red oaks for several days and several pickup trips before deciding. As a matter of fact, was sitting in easy chair night before staring at ceiling, wife said, "You look like you are in deep thought". I told her I was calculating "angle of attack", windage adjustments, effects of temperature and weather, pack extra weight of parachute or not, and memorizing "911" number, also whether there were any friendlies in area to help evacuate me. She told me to continue meditating, she knew better than to ask me any more simple questions. I dont think women really are from the real world,,,,randy

heh heh,,,I got winded just reading all that hard work Herb! Amen on all that and it is very hard work, both mental and physical. I actually studied that farm road and dern giant twin red oaks for several days and several pickup trips before deciding. As a matter of fact, was sitting in easy chair night before staring at ceiling, wife said, "You look like you are in deep thought". I told her I was calculating "angle of attack", windage adjustments, effects of temperature and weather, pack extra weight of parachute or not, and memorizing "911" number, also whether there were any friendlies in area to help evacuate me. She told me to continue meditating, she knew better than to ask me any more simple questions. I dont think women really are from the real world,,,,randy

um hehe, um what ya complaining for? try doing it with 3 trailers! you think you got grumpy with one! imagine how grumpy you be with 3 on! been there! the farm owner says yeh sure no worries you will get that around here! you get there and what do you find? cattle grids that are to high, no unloading ramps, muddy narrow dirt tracks only suitable for a dirt bike and the list goes on. you lucky with one. :)

Grant

post-2194-032773500 1286636550_thumb.jpg

um hehe, um what ya complaining for? try doing it with 3 trailers! you think you got grumpy with one! imagine how grumpy you be with 3 on! been there! the farm owner says yeh sure no worries you will get that around here! you get there and what do you find? cattle grids that are to high, no unloading ramps, muddy narrow dirt tracks only suitable for a dirt bike and the list goes on. you lucky with one. :)

Grant

well, no doubt about it ducky, I would have to refigure my "angle of attack" dragging all that behind me. Bring those to Texas, let me introduce them to a pair of red oak trees and you wont be dragging all those around anymore. I fully agree with you, bout one trailer is all I can stand around here,,and one wife,,,randy

Sounds like a page out of my book lately! oh SURE you can get in here,we have trucks here all the time! i feel your pain my friend!.....my only problem with this post is whats this about not washing/waxing your equipment? now thats just poor maintenence right there!...and you with a classic B-model FOR SHAME!.....a clean truck is a happy truck LOL!.....i know this kinda crap can be frustrating! believe me i do! i like the idea about cutting off the fire hydrants! i've backed around more of them in the past few weeks then i think i have in 30 years driving a truck!....now take care of that truck,get them scratches buffed out and all will be well!................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Sounds like a page out of my book lately! oh SURE you can get in here,we have trucks here all the time! i feel your pain my friend!.....my only problem with this post is whats this about not washing/waxing your equipment? now thats just poor maintenence right there!...and you with a classic B-model FOR SHAME!.....a clean truck is a happy truck LOL!.....i know this kinda crap can be frustrating! believe me i do! i like the idea about cutting off the fire hydrants! i've backed around more of them in the past few weeks then i think i have in 30 years driving a truck!....now take care of that truck,get them scratches buffed out and all will be well!................Mark

heh heh I would drive it through the Robo-Wash, but would probably drag something down in there,,,randy

well, no doubt about it ducky, I would have to refigure my "angle of attack" dragging all that behind me. Bring those to Texas, let me introduce them to a pair of red oak trees and you wont be dragging all those around anymore. I fully agree with you, bout one trailer is all I can stand around here,,and one wife,,,randy

Hi, should get triples there, there would be less trucks on the road if so. and your doing well to handle one wife, thats harder than anything in the world. they got men sussed, they make you think you wear the pants in the house when the reality is they know they do. :)

you can come and drive some road trains down here if you like? atleast the steering wheel is on the correct side. :)

Grant

Hi, should get triples there, there would be less trucks on the road if so. and your doing well to handle one wife, thats harder than anything in the world. they got men sussed, they make you think you wear the pants in the house when the reality is they know they do. :)

you can come and drive some road trains down here if you like? atleast the steering wheel is on the correct side. :)

Grant

ducky- don't y'all smack the door when yer shiftin, seein as the wheel is on the right

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

ducky- don't y'all smack the door when yer shiftin, seein as the wheel is on the right

Hi, um err no. all tho if you boys come down here am sure you will do it for a while! :)and you will crawl over the other side of the road till you get used to it. just dont pull that steering wheel to hard tho, the 3rd trailer gets sleepy real quick and falls over if you do. I have seen some tiples do this with the 3rd on its side due to snatching the wheel, and one completely upside down to avoid hitting a couple of cows and another one hit 3 camels, that made a real mess.

Grant

• 2 weeks later...

She probably knew exactly where the tree was-she just miscalculated exactly where she was...

Speed

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

Randy;

Now,see-that's what those big ol' PTO military winches are for. Ya just get to where you can walk a straight line to the load,string out some cable,hook it up,and drag it to ya. No scratchin' up your truck,no workin' your arms to the point of failure,let the machine do the work! :thumb: (Of course,some people get an attitude when you drag a bulldozer through their garden or their new fence. :wacko: ..)

Speed

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>