A Couple Of Old Trucks

rhasler

heh,,I cant quit looking at that old white rhasler, I like the lines of it, thas cool,,,randy

Yeah, it is pretty cool looking, I like it too. The old woman that used to own the White dealership here died a few years back. She probably had some parts for it, but who knows what happened to them after they were auctioned off. I think the truck may be up for sale Randy. JD is getting out of the business (or has been out of the business and is now getting around to liquidating his assets). The property where this is parked is up for sale, so the truck may be for sale too. I'll try to remember to ask him next time I see him. He's got an old bulk trailer and some other equipment there that I couldn't really get a good picture of due to distance and angle. I think one is a Marmon that the hood was off of. There was also this cabover parked there.

post-6084-056028500 1281193921_thumb.jpg

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

The White shop was eventually torn down. Later, the property was bought and a retro 50's diner was built there. When Mrs. Martin died several years later, the warehouse (across the street from the shop), was torn down and a Starbucks was built there. The diner was kind of nice, the Starbucks I have never been to. Probably never will.

The White shop was eventually torn down. Later, the property was bought and a retro 50's diner was built there. When Mrs. Martin died several years later, the warehouse (across the street from the shop), was torn down and a Starbucks was built there. The diner was kind of nice, the Starbucks I have never been to. Probably never will.

Never been in a Starbucks either...probably never will.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Never been in one either. Can't remember a need for an overpriced cup of coffee. The cheap stuff is expensive enough, and only serves to make me piss. Quite certain expensive stuff would do the same.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

You're not missing anything. rhasler, where is your "area"? Rob, that White is just like the glider we saw for sale here in Raleigh. Would make a good parts truck for someone.

You're not missing anything. rhasler, where is your "area"? Rob, that White is just like the glider we saw for sale here in Raleigh. Would make a good parts truck for someone.

Hi David, that was the first thing I thought of also.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I always thought the 3000 white was a pretty "interesting" truck,way ahead of its time.....did you guys know there was also a sleeper version? they were pretty popular with moving and storage companies in their day, i used to see quite a few of them when i was growing up here on the east coast, seems most every trucking outfit had them at one time or another!............Mark

post-5836-044756100 1281235820_thumb.jpg

post-5836-023023600 1281235849_thumb.jpg

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I have delivered the store fixtures for some starbucks, mostly the smaller ones in malls and shopping centers, one i was in, i asked for a "regular" coffee(no flavor, steamed milk, whipped cream, candy, sprinkles,etc.) they did not have any made,but assured me they would be glad to, only take 10-15 minutes, i said no thanks, have never been in another one (as a customer) since $4.00 for a cup of coffee? c'mon!.....................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I always thought the 3000 white was a pretty "interesting" truck,way ahead of its time.....did you guys know there was also a sleeper version? they were pretty popular with moving and storage companies in their day, i used to see quite a few of them when i was growing up here on the east coast, seems most every trucking outfit had them at one time or another!............Mark

I have to agree with Randy, the more I look at them the more I like them.

Never been in one either. Can't remember a need for an overpriced cup of coffee. The cheap stuff is expensive enough, and only serves to make me piss. Quite certain expensive stuff would do the same.

Rob

Now I know what I can get you for Christmas. To help promote and generate a good piss for Rob. Anything to help Rob promote good health and well being.

mike

why sure

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

We called those old Whites ( Bubble Cabs) A lot of the freight Co's up here used the old ones for switcher tractors cause they were easy to get in & out of & most had factory power steering,one bad thing about them was the older ones had a fixed steering column so when the cab tilted you had to take the driver seat cushon out so the steering had some place to go!!BULLHUSK PS a lot of the old timers used to carry a 2 Foot safty chain with them too

wrap around the back of the cab just in case

It just now came to mine that I saw one of these old White's several months ago here in Nashville. I passed it on the interstate I-65 going south bound. It looked like a fresh restoration job and was running about 60 mph. Two men were inside and was in deep conversation. I lost site of the truck. I figure it exited the interstate at Charlotte or Church street. I used to see these old White's when a kid and most of them were the Allied Van Lines trucks which were a dark green as this truck was.

mike

• 2 weeks later...

I drove by one,once. :lol:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

• 1 month later...