Sleeper Cab B Found Today-

I found this today on my way to look for a trailer. Figured yall might want to see it. -

Yes, thanks for posting. Don't get to see too many of those any longer.

That one looks as if it's earned it's rest.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hey Packer, heres one slightly in your vicinity waiting for your call. I hope it misses the bone yard. Somebody get the frame number and door plate and turn it in to the museum or Tom Gannaway quick before the IRONMAN comes and takes it away.

mike :pat:

I found this today on my way to look for a trailer. Figured yall might want to see it. -

Thanks for posting the pic. Before my son had to stop riding with me to start school he rode all over the midwest and east coast holding the shifters in one of those saying "now daddy now? ". He got doggone good shifting a duplex and triplex but nowadays my grandsons are with me operating an air-shift 18sp. Thanks for the memories. Jerry

Hey jay,nice find! just think,with a little tlc,some armor all wipes and a little elbow grease it could look like this one!.....i did notice it had a small crack in the windshield!.......mark

post-5836-127543756017_thumb.jpg

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Look at Reid sod farm r700 in background! 8v71 in that one.

Hey jay,nice find! just think,with a little tlc,some armor all wipes and a little elbow grease it could look like this one!.....i did notice it had a small crack in the windshield!.......mark

Look at Reid sod farm r700 in background! 8v71 in that one.

I took that picture back in 1980-something up at raceway park in englishtown,there were hundreds of trucks there that day...i was like a fat kid in a candy store!..mark

Probably looked a lot like this one when it was new,i sure like these B-model sleepers,i always thought they were good looking trucks. Hard to find an integral sleeper these days,course there were'nt all that many built either.....mark

post-5836-048461400 1275533392_thumb.jpg

That black/grey sleeper B model is owned by Doug Fetterly in PA. At least the last time I saw it at Syracuse National Convention in '03.

That name sounds familiar to me,just can't think where i know it from....mark

I got the owners info, I will let you guys know how it goes. It is a tandem axle. -

Great! i would be interested in seeing what goes on with it,these are worth saving if at all possible,just don't see them anymore.......mark

Hey Packer, heres one slightly in your vicinity waiting for your call. I hope it misses the bone yard. Somebody get the frame number and door plate and turn it in to the museum or Tom Gannaway quick before the IRONMAN comes and takes it away.

mike :pat:

I looked a bit but couldn't find a place or state!!

Let me know where, and if at all possible, I'll take some cash and a look!!

I need another 'B' like a poke in the eye but I could use a 'Sleeper B'!!

Packer

Keep a clutchin'

Guess im making a trip back up there. I called the owner yesterday. He said he is in his late 70's. Seems to be a very nice and honest guy. He told me the B model is all there (what he thinks) and he said he wont ever restore it. He wants me to look it over and make an offer. Im lost on what the cabs worth though even if the rest is junk. It did look pretty good while I was there but I didnt crawl all over it. It is missing things as you can see.

I plan on driving it out with only one new 6V batt. and some fresh fuel-

Well , its in pretty good condition based off it sitting for 24 years. I really wanted to start cleaning it and pulling it out. I didn't bring any tools or sandpaper to check the VIN on the frame , the door tags gone but still could be n the truck. The bunk area was nice, most of the head liner was coming off and hanging down but it still have a pillow and mattress in the back. It would look alot better pulled out and cleaned up a little. Then a full on restoration. Like it said its a tandem axle , missing a couple back tires. The motor is there . I do plan on going back again -

post-2596-058316400 1276286771_thumb.jpg

post-2596-047325800 1276286783_thumb.jpg

post-2596-040950500 1276286794_thumb.jpg

post-2596-036614900 1276286807_thumb.jpg

post-2596-062611800 1276286819_thumb.jpg

post-2596-026105800 1276286832_thumb.jpg

post-2596-087318500 1276286844_thumb.jpg

post-2596-055016000 1276286858_thumb.jpg

post-2596-072989600 1276286878_thumb.jpg

post-2596-078692200 1276286892_thumb.jpg

post-2596-034660000 1276286921_thumb.jpg

Might be worthwhile to try and save the cab if nothing else can be salvaged,these integral sleepers are getting harder to find everyday,in ANY kind of condition.I always wanted one myself, just never seem to have the time which is something i'm looking to change. I just run ALOT of miles,and i'm usually wore out time i get home.....dont know what the mechanicals look like,but from a bodywork aspect the sheetmetal looks to be sound,but would still take a lot of green to bring this one around, old girls'pretty far gone!........Mark

Well to all , I got the deal on the B61. So its not going to be scrapped or torn up , maybe during a restoration. -

Thats a good deal! worthwhile saving a sleeper!....glad to hear that.........Mark