Chassis Grease

Was wondering what grease everybody uses on there trucks as well as how often does everybody grease there trucks? We use john deere multipurpose grease. We had been using it on the 5th wheel, but it seemed like it was dry every week so i started using castrols 5th wheel grease and this seems to last longer.

No 5th wheel. I use Valvoline Cerulean (blue) loader is greased every week, chassis every month.

I might do an extra chassis if its been heavy rain, or mud

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Was wondering what grease everybody uses on there trucks as well as how often does everybody grease there trucks? We use john deere multipurpose grease. We had been using it on the 5th wheel, but it seemed like it was dry every week so i started using castrols 5th wheel grease and this seems to last longer.

When I was running a fleet of 500+ over the road I ran totally synthetic grease and lubricants, the best quality I could buy. I figured we got one chance every 25,000 miles - might as well use the best stuff you could get. Labor is labor - takes just as long to grease a truck with junk as it does with a top notch product.

Top quality grease is always cheaper than replacing u=joints, spring shackles, steering parts etc.

Goal - keep them on the road and out of the shop. Same goes for trailers.

Whatever grease is lying around...sometimes some John Deere cornhead grease and I do everything usually every two weeks, more or less depending on operating conditions of said time frame. A battery powered grease gun and around 2 1/2 tubes of grease and I'm good to go.

On the 5th wheel I've got one of those plastic disc doo-dads as I'm hooked to the same trailer most of the year...it works just as well as grease but never dries up and is WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY cleaner.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I use that red and tacky grease, I think it's made by Lucas. I grease every 7500 miles, but I'm usually not off road to much. Every other grease job I also change the oil. I use one of those teflon plates on my fifth wheel too.

i greese ujoints and king pins every week and the rest of the truck once a month, sooner if i been running in a lot of weather,

i run a teflon plate and put dawn dish soap on it and the gladhand rubbers, every couple weeks when i unhook to put some greese on the kingpin grooves,that takes care of the fithwheel lock, the dawn on teflon is supper slick and makes washing a breeze

i had been changing my oil every 8 to 10k but from now on as suggested by mackpro im going to every 15k

i have tried every thing on a fithwheel and allways had dry spots a week later, the teflon pad seems to work the best and cheeper than all that greeese, with a little dawn dishsoap they seem to last for years.

i have tried every thing on a fithwheel and allways had dry spots a week later, the teflon pad seems to work the best and cheeper than all that greeese, with a little dawn dishsoap they seem to last for years.

Tell you what, that plastic/teflon disc doo-dad is probably the next best thing since sliced bread. MUCH less mess and makes for less dropping and hooking.

My engine oil, I change every 10k and get it analized every other. So far, so good.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

i greese ujoints and king pins every week and the rest of the truck once a month, sooner if i been running in a lot of weather,

i run a teflon plate and put dawn dish soap on it and the gladhand rubbers, every couple weeks when i unhook to put some greese on the kingpin grooves,that takes care of the fithwheel lock, the dawn on teflon is supper slick and makes washing a breeze

i had been changing my oil every 8 to 10k but from now on as suggested by mackpro im going to every 15k

I like Lucas "red and tacky" and I also use slick 50 multipurpose on occasion, I like it too,,,randy

I like Lucas "red and tacky" and I also use slick 50 multipurpose on occasion, I like it too,,,randy

I use red and tacky also,for fithwheel i use lucas fithwheel lube it comes in a bottle dosent take much i just use it on the wear spots,dont make a mess.

i aquired a power luber some where aalong the way and a few 30 gallon barrels of greese, red shell greese. im sure mackpro loves checking every thing at service time, i get to carried away with the slip joints and ujoints some times. as long as i get just as carried away with the dawn it all works out when i get enough energy to wash the chassee