Bigen Is In The House!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bigen finally made it to the shop, Hope to get him up to snuff on the matainance and upgrades.

I'm jealous . If you ever get a haul for where you are to Vancouver Island You need to stop and at least say HI!

I'll even give ya back haul a truck load of politicians’ we need to get rid of!Oh wait you already got some!:)

Well have some more!Cheaper by the dozen.

Here's the truck I'd like to have if I ever went OTR.........or if Bigen was looking to start a fleet and hire me.. http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=2240708 ...however I'd rather have a 13 or 18sp instead of the LL friendly auto-shift. I don't know what they did different with this truck and Bigen's, but they look pretty sharp.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

A MH with a E-9 500HP pulled in the bay next to Bigen's truck, If I could have swapped the engines between the two I think Bigen would be a happy man.

He'd prolly have to drive with the steering wheel tilted up for quite a while...

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Here's the truck I'd like to have if I ever went OTR.........or if Bigen was looking to start a fleet and hire me.. http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=2240708 ...however I'd rather have a 13 or 18sp instead of the LL friendly auto-shift. I don't know what they did different with this truck and Bigen's, but they look pretty sharp.

i looked very hard at that truck before i purchased the one i got, the price is rite $115,000 over the phone

if virginia truck center had not did all the repairs i wanted to my rawhide, i was leaving va. and going to get this one.

traded my vision and #31.000 for mine, the numbers just worked better.....

Thats a good looking truck! i have looked at a few of these, my only concern is the turning radius of the set-forward steering axle as opposed to my CX,i go to some damn tight places to get in and out of, and every little bit helps. I'm right there with you on the trans. though,i prefer a 13 spd. myself, and i personally would not consider a truck with a "matic" in it but thats just me......mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

that is all factory accetp the mirrors on the fenders and i think they should be manditory for every one, under 30 yrs. old and every one over 40

LOL! about the fender mirrors, never heard it put like that,but i agree! got em' on my CX, would'nt be without them 47 year old eyes aint what they used to be!...mark

post-5836-127371554959_thumb.jpg

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

that is all factory accetp the mirrors on the fenders and i think they should be manditory for every one, under 30 yrs. old and every one over 40

Hi Bigen, I was not referring to your truck. I had to go back to the initial post to see what you meant by "mirrors on the fenders". I was referring to the 2009 truck on truckpaper.

Sorry for the confusion.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hi Bigen, I was not referring to your truck. I had to go back to the initial post to see what you meant by "mirrors on the fenders". I was referring to the 2009 truck on truckpaper.

Sorry for the confusion.

Rob

I really dont like the looks of any hood/fender mirrors BUT I wouldn't drive a truck with a trailer without them. They are a must have for the long trailers you guy's pull. I do see them on dump trucks but I think you could get by without them. Maybe one day they will perfect a camera system with heads up display. We have a new GU813 just delivered (Rebublic Waste) with a roll off body that has cameras looking down both sides of the truck but you still have to look at that small display screen to see anything.

I'd have to pull 'em off, patch the holes, and repaint the hood. I can't stand any more mirrors than just the two on the doors. Heck, even in my pickup trucks, the first thing I do is rip that danged mirror off the windshield and throw it out....blocks my view to the front.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I really dont like the looks of any hood/fender mirrors BUT I wouldn't drive a truck with a trailer without them. They are a must have for the long trailers you guy's pull. I do see them on dump trucks but I think you could get by without them. Maybe one day they will perfect a camera system with heads up display. We have a new GU813 just delivered (Rebublic Waste) with a roll off body that has cameras looking down both sides of the truck but you still have to look at that small display screen to see anything.

don't need no stinkin' hood mirrors...and I pull all sorts of trailers :rolleyes:

l_0752bcfc66d84a5385b1929cecad7138.jpg

l_0e50ee073cde4758b707182b7ebcf985.jpg

l_4d3f7f29c03f4a6e840fa7c2150280c7.jpg

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I'd have to pull 'em off, patch the holes, and repaint the hood. I can't stand any more mirrors than just the two on the doors. Heck, even in my pickup trucks, the first thing I do is rip that danged mirror off the windshield and throw it out....blocks my view to the front.

i felt the same till the old assodomiter turned 40. eyes don't have that instant focos reflex any more, it takes more than just a glance, gota wait a couple seconds for eyes to focos

I had them on my R795 but removed them, epoxied the holes shut and finish glassed the balance. I think they are a good idea when driving in traffic but I don't favor the looks of them myself. I do like spot mirrors on the lower portion of the door mirrors though.

Rob

post-78-12737184839_thumb.jpg

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I had them on my R795 but removed them, epoxied the holes shut and finish glassed the balance. I think they are a good idea when driving in traffic but I don't favor the looks of them myself. I do like spot mirrors on the lower portion of the door mirrors though.

Rob

I love that bumper... :thumb:

'cept for the idiot sticks :pat: