Me An Momma Are Gettin A Bike:

Rob

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i know you wont have any problems with the crusty trusty dodge, but if the trailer gives you any fits i am at westgate on 80-90 if your taking that way to lansing. thumb.gif

I've never been to the area before and the trailer is old, (1985) yet on it's maiden long distance voyage. I ordered five new tires and rims today, and hopefully all will proceed well. Nothing really heavy till the diesel engine, and that doesn't get hauled all that far.

As I get my itinerary and route finalized I'll post it, and you guys could post up points of contact along the way if you want to get together. "Anytime is dinner time" is my moto. I like coffee too, so a truck stop is a fine meeting place.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hi Ken, I'm not sure about the place in Akron, I do plan to stop at Freightrains and have a look around. I'd also like to meet up with Greg Rider if he's available. Maybe we could all get together to rustle up some grub?

Rob

Rob,

Post or email your itinerary and I will try to rearrange my schedule to meet someplace. I have not heard from Greg since he moved. I hope he is doing okay.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

i know you wont have any problems with the crusty trusty dodge, but if the trailer gives you any fits i am at westgate on 80-90 if your taking that way to lansing. :thumb:

I took a picture of the Bulldog in front of headquarters in Greensboro, but it's hard to get a picture going west and it was always dark when I came back east. You can barely see it over the black SUV.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Well, Rob made it to Canton and got his bike last night. Very loong day for him. He did get to ride his bike for a short jaunt back to my place to load it. Had a quick bite at 11pm and off he went into the night.

Sorry, no pics as it was dark when he got here and even darker when he left LOL!!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Well, Rob made it to Canton and got his bike last night. Very loong day for him. He did get to ride his bike for a short jaunt back to my place to load it. Had a quick bite at 11pm and off he went into the night.

Sorry, no pics as it was dark when he got here and even darker when he left LOL!!

Yup, got back to my place at 7:30pm tonight. Sure was a short night!! Bike is still in truck and will unload in the morning. Just out of shower and checking messages, then off for my beauty sleep.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Got unloaded this morning and took daughter, then Momma for a ride. Lots of power in this one and very smooth. It has a slight cackle when decelerating from hiway speed, but it is not loud by any means. Momma likes it so all is good. I found her especially fond of the rear seat hand grips as they serve as a very nice "rest" for her hip "overhang". Also, there is enough downward weight she doesn't need to hold onto anything but me. Kind of difficult to get out of the truck bed due to weight. I have aluminum ramps I built for loading cars but they are not tapered on the ends so I had to have Nikki stand of the ramp end so the bike didn't didn't push it out before climbing up to roll out. Balancing a 900 pound bike with my short little legs was a challenge too, especially when you can't touch the ground!! Had Momma, and daughter's boyfried pulling the bike and me backward while I steered.

First thing I did was to go riding across the yard which is a couple hundred foot deep and upon rolling a little power on, the thing started to wash out. I got off the throttle quick!! On the hiway the throttle is smooth, and quick reacting. Going to take some getting used to the heel/toe shifter as I've never ridden something with it before. The shifting is also very wide ratio in gearing so that has to be learned also. Both fourth, and fifth gear are overdrive and you can run leisurely at 70 mph in either. The electronic cruise works well at 65mph and above but is not as precise as a cars under that.

I think it will do use good for a couple of years.

I dealt with the man that owned it, or so I thought. We had worked out the plans, logistics, and everything needed on the phone, and I electronically paid the deposit. I was going to bring a cashier's check for the final. This again was all prearranged by him and I. He said that he needed to be out of town when I'd come for it and that his wife would handle it without problem.

After arranging my wife to pay for it, she calls, talks to his wife who states, "Cash only", or pay electronically. We are not about to pay for something of the amount this purchase without physically seeing it. Anyways to cut a long story short, when I show up to pay for the bike and pick up the helmets, and extra items that were going to be of no use any longer, (air filters, oil filters, original items replaced with a/m items, etc., all of which were included in the sale) I'm informed they were not part of the sale and I could purchase them for an additional $150.00. Having decided not to deal with this DUMB FUCKING CUNT because of her attitude, I got the paperwork and rode the bike to Larry's house while he drove the "trusty, yet crusty" Dodge. Larry and I had thrown his ramps in the back to load there. The husband called during this time from out of town and she stated that I was there, she was handling it, and would call him back later. Either she has a bigger dick than he does, or he is a sorry assed excuse for a man. No doubt there is a power struggle within the household.

Overall it is a nice motorcycle. There are some slight flaws in it but there is five years of age involved. It is much cleaner than most of the others I've looked at.

Here are a few photos. I had to search through a remove the ones with my image imbedded because I didn't want anyone to be grossed out, (I was in my white silk underpants with red hearts Momma got me for Valentines Day).

Rob

post-78-127163691191_thumb.jpg

post-78-127163692185_thumb.jpg

post-78-127163692992_thumb.jpg

post-78-127163694015_thumb.jpg

post-78-127163694989_thumb.jpg

post-78-12716369597_thumb.jpg

post-78-127163697059_thumb.jpg

post-78-127163698158_thumb.jpg

post-78-127163699117_thumb.jpg

post-78-127163700098_thumb.jpg

post-78-127163704688_thumb.jpg

post-78-12716370564_thumb.jpg

post-78-127163706834_thumb.jpg

post-78-127163707776_thumb.jpg

post-78-127163708876_thumb.jpg

Glad to see you made it safely and everyone likes it.

Funny thing, the wife made a comment that only her head was "small"(when you were looking at the helmets). Well, seems even that might not be true LOL!!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"