You Tube Vid... Is This A Mack V8?

Lmackattack

It looks like a Renault V8 by the rocker covers, but I'm not sure.

Rob

May be an 866 The valve covers look like 325/375 hp! Althou the water pump pu is on the wrong side so its hard to say!

There calling it an detroit 893 An 8 92 me thinks the valve cover looks divided but isn't And it sounds like a 2 stroke aswell.

Geeeeezzzus............wow that hurt!

Seems just as soon as the load came on it went south. You can see what looks like the water control behind the motor drop down, then the motor goes into this "wince" and it comes apart. I wonder if this was a load test(try to blow it up)?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

The tags for the video say: 396 explode. Don't know what a 396 is and the valve covers are notched at the top between the cylinders. Its no Mack engine. Most Euro V8's have individual cylinder heads such as those from MAN, Scania and Mercedes. In fact if you look the vertical pipe obscures the divide between what could in fact be individual cylinder heads.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

The tags for the video say: 396 explode. Don't know what a 396 is and the valve covers are notched at the top between the cylinders. Its no Mack engine. Most Euro V8's have individual cylinder heads such as those from MAN, Scania and Mercedes. In fact if you look the vertical pipe obscures the divide between what could in fact be individual cylinder heads.

My thoughts exactly.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 2 weeks later...