Get Anything Truck Related For Christmas?

Rob

We went light this year and only went with $20.00 per gift. That seems to have worked really well.

I got a fresh tube of Neosporin, (for sustained wounds), a large chunk of Illinois coal, bottle of Milk of Magnesia, and a pair of stainless hubcaps for the steer axle of one of my trucks.

Life is good.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

post-4436-12618590658513_thumb.jpgpost-4436-12618590658513_thumb.jpgpost-4436-12618590658513_thumb.jpgDon't forget ANOTHER DAMN TRUCK

impact sockets

shootin blanks

For me, a camera. Now I can provide better pics of truck and work arena

"shootin blanks" huh?? Which pistol is this for?

Nice grapple truck. I'd like to have something like that myself but can't justify the cost due to sitting.

Come to think of it, with thanks given to Momma, I too shoot blanks.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

We kept Xmas modest this year too... Wifey and I hope to go on some holidays this year.

So I got her some new dishes for the kitchen and I got a complete new set of Impact Sockets too. deap and shallow, metric and standard. St ill recovering from that awesome Xmas dinner :wacko:

GLENN

GRANDKIDS :Gods little gift to us for not killing our kids while they were growing up

All I want, is just to be luv'd and for my Check Engine light to go out on my Volvo.

We went light this year and only went with $20.00 per gift. That seems to have worked really well.

I got a fresh tube of Neosporin, (for sustained wounds), a large chunk of Illinois coal, bottle of Milk of Magnesia, and a pair of stainless hubcaps for the steer axle of one of my trucks.

Life is good.

Rob

I stuck to the plan, didn't git nobody nuthin', except the digital picture frame for Mom and Dad and I got Jo a digital camera.

We agreed earlier that we weren't getting anything for each other, but I knew better than to stick to that part of the plan! I was gonna get her a snow shovel, but I couldn't find one.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

geez, here we go again! You do not need a grapple truck.

Quoting Ed Mcmahon: "You are correct sir"!! Need is correct, however that has nothing to do with want........

Rob

That's a little overkill for towing your boat.....don't cha think?

Jim

Nah. I just pick up other boats, toss to the side, and WALAH ,an empty slip at the ramp

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

We are in preparation for opening gifts from the in laws side of the family right now so the adventure continues. We are having Christmas with our son on the 1st, and those gifts to me are usually truck related.

Rob

Quoting Ed Mcmahon: "You are correct sir"!! Need is correct, however that has nothing to do with want........

Rob

A-HAH! I've got it! You can probably find an old knuckle boom loader somewhere off a pulpwood truck or something. Be sure to get one with about 37 control levers on it. Then you can mount it on one of your trucks and just park it out in back and get on it whenever you want to and move a stack of cinderblocks from one side the truck to the other or something.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

A-HAH! I've got it! You can probably find an old knuckle boom loader somewhere off a pulpwood truck or something. Be sure to get one with about 37 control levers on it. Then you can mount it on one of your trucks and just park it out in back and get on it whenever you want to and move a stack of cinderblocks from one side the truck to the other or something.

My old "Pitman" boom crane on an IH truck has served me well for over 25 years but I would like to have something that was fully hydraulic actuated. It is basically an old friction type crane but does swing 90 degrees each side of center. It really does work great for work out of doors but I'd like something to use inside hence the bridge crane setup that remains in a pile.

Rob

I think that is too much truck for that boat there Tom!

I didn't get anybody for Christmas either. I got money for the most part which I ain't complaining because I treated myself to CHiPs seasons 1&2 on DVD. a new mouse with a cord because the cordless mouse I had was eating up batteries, and new ink cartridges for the printer.

Last evening's present opening wasn't too bad a haul for ole Rob. Santa had left me another set of stainless lug nut covers and hubcaps for steel rims under the tree.

I was also told that the bulk of my Christmas gifts were left at my son's house that I'll get to see on New Year's Day.

The excitement is building because I like getting things for the trucks as gifts. I'm "too cheap" to purchase this kind of stuff.

Momma mentioned that Santa "sent the message to order four group 31 series batteries for two of my trucks. She also mentioned that this was not her forte' and that I should handle it. A quick call to Barry, and they're waiting on me.

There is a "flip side" to this though. You see, Momma was left a "boning knife" under the tree for Christmas. Now when I seen this thing getting unwrapped, instant fear and paralysis set in as I can only imagine what something like that would be used for. It just so happens she is unwrapping this knife as my brother in law, "Eduardo", (Serita's husband from the Phillipines) is telling me of another old Mack truck I should have.

I must try to obtain "better behavior" patterns as there is nothing of the conventional parts left to lose.

Rob

Tom-thanks for the offer, but i don't see myself doin much fishin with that.

Course, I haven't done much fishin since June.

Rob-I bet you was a squirmin in the seat as Momma opened that knife.

Did your hand slowly move to cover up?

LL-HAPPY KWANZA

post-4436-12619356253884_thumb.jpg

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Nothing for me.

My side of the family is pretty light with the gifts...gift cards, cash...get together for the sake of getting together.

In-laws...sent us home yesterday with our Grand Cherokee stuffed full, barely enough room for kids to make the ride home.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Perrrty fancy there...

Yup. In car mode, it works like any other. Switch it to truck mode, and you build a truck profile...with the length, width, height, gross weight, and axle weight of the truck...as well as if you are carrying hazmat or not, and if you are the hazard classification....and it (hopefully) keeps you legal. There's still a disclaimer screen saying it ain't responsible for uck fups...but in my pickup I thought I'd test it out and as soon as I switched to truck mode, it let me know there was an 8-ton weight limit 2.5 miles ahead...which would have been downtown Westmont. So I turned down a side street, and another warning popped up saying I wasn't on a preferred truck route, that I needed to get back to the main road. You can set it up so that it doesn't tell you to pull a u-turn when you miss your turn...it routes you around the block instead. It's got a little icon off to the side that shows the speed limit of the road you are on in either mode, but I noticed it wasn't telling me 55 mph on the big road in truck mode....not that it will matter come Friday.

It also has 3 routing options...quickest, shortest, and "off road". Off road will draw a straight from where you are to where you are going...as the crow flies.

It's also got all sorts of truck-related POI's in a specific menu option...easy to find.

I'm glad I jokingly suggested it when my mom asked what I wanted for Christmas...never in a million years thought they'd drop that kind of cash on little old me, but certainly happy they did. B)

Anyway, I'm sure I'll figure out more neat little things to use it for as I get more opportunities to play with it...

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Ahh...jokes aside, where'd they score that thing? I'm on some different detail truckin now and I could REALLY use some good direction finders...cruisin the 'burbs nowadays.

Today I used the AT&T navigator (and GPS in general) on my phone for the first time. Although neat, it's more in tune with a Prius driver not a truck driver. Felt big brother-ish...since 'it' knew where I was at all times.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

I stuck to the plan, didn't git nobody nuthin', except the digital picture frame for Mom and Dad and I got Jo a digital camera.

We agreed earlier that we weren't getting anything for each other, but I knew better than to stick to that part of the plan! I was gonna get her a snow shovel, but I couldn't find one.

Way back Once app-on a time in my first marriage.... I told my wife that Nothing was too good for her So I got her Nothing. :blink:

Didn't work :pat:

GLENN

GRANDKIDS :Gods little gift to us for not killing our kids while they were growing up

All I want, is just to be luv'd and for my Check Engine light to go out on my Volvo.