Get Anything Truck Related For Christmas?

Rob

Way back Once app-on a time in my first marriage.... I told my wife that Nothing way too good for her So I got her Nothing. blink.gif

Didn't work pat.gif

First marriage ehhh?

You musta got outta that one with your nuts intact if you're in a follow up.

How'd you do it?????

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Ahh...jokes aside, where'd they score that thing? I'm on some different detail truckin now and I could REALLY use some good direction finders...cruisin the 'burbs nowadays.

Today I used the AT&T navigator (and GPS in general) on my phone for the first time. Although neat, it's more in tune with a Prius driver not a truck driver. Felt big brother-ish...since 'it' knew where I was at all times.

According to the web site when I was shopping around online, the Best Buy stores in my area all had it listed as "in stock". Garmin's website also listed a bunch of on-line retailers from Wal-Mart to Staples and even Dicks Sporting Goods. I know Wal-Mart doesn't stock it, so I was going to go to those other stores to see if I could maybe special order it in-store to pick up in-store (I don't buy online)...but never got the chance with work and the holidays and all. I've had enough of Best Buy (they trashed a laptop they were SUPPOSED to be fixing) and I refuse to even set foot inside another one if I can avoid it...not even for price comparison. Personally, I don't care if they are cheaper or not...I won't give 'em my business.

Family bought it at Best Buy, though.

It's pretty slick. Yesterday, I found that if I'm on the map screen and I tap the speed readout, a screen pops up that shows a ton of info about the trip....overall time...travel time...stopped time...average speed while moving...average overall speed....maximum speed....trip miles...and another speed readout. Today, I discovered that if I am on menu screen and I tap the top left corner where it shows the satellite signal strength, it shows the coordinates of my location, speed of travel, elevation, and I'm guessing the different satellites and signal strength off of each satellite...as well as the accuracy of the readout (i.e. 15 foot accuracy).

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Actually maybe it was the manufacture's fault Rowdy. I know the LCD light went out in mine and I had to take it Best Buy/Geek Squad. It took them 8 weeks to get my laptop done. They ended up replacing the CPU and Motherboard as well. But if I remember mine was sent back to the manufacture to have the work done to it.

Actually maybe it was the manufacture's fault Rowdy. I know the LCD light went out in mine and I had to take it Best Buy/Geek Squad. It took them 8 weeks to get my laptop done. They ended up replacing the CPU and Motherboard as well. But if I remember mine was sent back to the manufacture to have the work done to it.

Took 'em 3 tries to fix it, and I'm still not sure it's fixed. Third time they replaced the hard drive and I lost everything I had on it. By the time I got it back, the service plan had expired...and since it didn't have anything on it besides what was on it when I originally bought it, I have yet to even turn the stupid thing on again to see if it works this time. It's been collecting dust now for a year, and if I DO decide to turn it on and it doesn't work, I'm blowing holes in it with my shotgun. Hell, I may do that just for gits & shiggles. I replaced it with the desktop I'm typing on right now before I took it to them the 3rd time...so I really don't have any use for that laptop even if it IS fixed.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

First marriage ehhh?

You musta got outta that one with your nuts intact if you're in a follow up.

How'd you do it?????

Rob

Tuck tail, between legs.. And run like hell. LOL there was other mitigating factors.. Things couldn't be better :thumb:

GLENN

GRANDKIDS :Gods little gift to us for not killing our kids while they were growing up

All I want, is just to be luv'd and for my Check Engine light to go out on my Volvo.

We are in preparation for opening gifts from the in laws side of the family right now so the adventure continues. We are having Christmas with our son on the 1st, and those gifts to me are usually truck related.

Rob

Voila!! Truck related gifts for Rob it is!! From my son I received an almost new 55 gallon R model saddle tank, (13,000 miles new) to replace the one on Project R-12 that has nine patches welded to it. Also received another set of stainless lug nut covers,.and a complete exhaust system including one year old muffler, guard, and chrome stack for an R model with an E6 series engine.

I'm thinking that boy was raised right.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Prolly spent as much on wrappin paper as the gifts

If that's the case. he done well. Nothing was wrapped.

Rob

Voila!! Truck related gifts for Rob it is!! From my son I received an almost new 55 gallon R model saddle tank, (13,000 miles new) to replace the one on Project R-12 that has nine patches welded to it. Also received another set of stainless lug nut covers,.and a complete exhaust system including one year old muffler, guard, and chrome stack for an R model with an E6 series engine.

I'm thinking that boy was raised right.

Rob

installed it already I see. Looks great.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Be nice if ole F.L. Moore bought Other Dog a Mack for Christmas. If your old B series wasn't a cement mixer you could have signed on with them as an owner operator and avoid the problems with that Peterjunk all together. :lol:

I could always take the mixer off and put a fifth wheel on it. Plenty of room for a sleeper too...and I think it's slow going up Sandstone with 46,500 lbs. on now!

Maybe I should just run local with it.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I could always take the mixer off and put a fifth wheel on it. Plenty of room for a sleeper too...and I think it's slow going up Sandstone with 46,500 lbs. on now!

Maybe I should just run local with it.

It's not how fast you get up a mountain it's increasing your income with lower operating costs. :thumb: