Another Good Year Of Racing.....

Freightrain

Well, the last race of the season was last Saturday at Thompson. I went into the race #1 in points(been all summer) and with any luck I would stay there. It was a long day, had to work pretty hard to keep my spot, but in the end I kept it. There were 3 other racers that could mathematically get past me if I went out early. It came down to #2 having the chance as I lost 3rd round. "IF" he made it to the final AND won, he would pass me by 2 points and take the championship. Well, he lost 4th round and that sealed my fate. Was a good day! Our banquet is in November where I'll be crowned along with winning my prized given by the sponsors. On the list: A set of M/T rims and tires (like the ones I won back in '06 and have on the car now)plus things from Mr. Gasket Corp, and many others.

After a long day.....

umtr09champ.jpg

Running it hard.....

thompson09a.jpg

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Hmmm, neat idea Tom..........LOL! Hey Rob! LOL!

Pinks was at Norwalk last summer, I did try to buy tickets, but the website was bogged down and I didn't get through. Come to find out, I could have drove to Norwalk(1 1/2hrs) and bought tickets at customer service on the day they were released as hardly anyone was at the track. Oh well. I've had friends run in it, it's "cool", but it is a pain as you're dealing with TV production.

Larry

nice job larry... how do they like being beat by a station wagon that gets draged around by a 50 year old Mack! LOL

Actually it really pisses off a few of the "fast" cars that run in our group. It just burns their hide that a big, heavy, slow car can win so much. "Faster is better"............NOT!!! That is why my car hasn't changed in 12 yrs. Consistency wins.

Larry

Yep, a fast Ford and a slow Mack.

Just can't go wrong there!!

I took a trip to Greely, Colorado to catch a truck show.

Pulled my 1938 GMC COE with my B-61.

300 miles took 9 hours!!!

Didn't think I would ever get there!

Congrats on the Great year!

Packer

Keep a clutchin'

Larry,

Man that's great,but we didn't get to see it on TV. I watched all summer thinkin i'd see ya and only saw Ashley Force Hood, Antwon Brown winning. I looked for a white streak but couldn't see it. I guess it was too fast for me. LOL.....i'll watch the reruns this winter and see if I can spot ya.

Congrats!!!!!!

mike :clap: