Fine Looking B-61

other dog

A while back I posted a picture of a faded red B-model sitting inside a fence in Fairplain, W.V. It had been parked in the same spot for several years, then shortly after I posted the picture it disappeared. I thought maybe it had been sold, but yesterday I was coming down I-77 and looked over where it was parked and saw this shiny red and black B-model parked in front of the place. So I whipped off the ramp and walked over to see it. Last time I took pictures from the Go-Mart parking lot, but I wanted to take a closer look, and it was outside of the fence.

I talked to a guy that worked there and he said it was indeed the same truck. He said the owner had spent $20,000 on it restoring it because it was their 50th. anniversary. Everything on it looked new, inside and out. Said the company made the bumpers, cat walk, and installed the rollers and winches and so forth on the oilfield exploration trucks. Always wondered what the place was.

Anyway, the B-61 looked as good as any i've ever seen at any truck show. Enough of that, here's some pictures, including the "before" picture.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dang that's purdy sittin' there. I just got out from under the hood of mine just moments ago. Had some wiring issues last weekend and had to fix a few old bare wires. All new and ready to roll tomorrow.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 2 weeks later...

A while back I posted a picture of a faded red B-model sitting inside a fence in Fairplain, W.V. It had been parked in the same spot for several years, then shortly after I posted the picture it disappeared. I thought maybe it had been sold, but yesterday I was coming down I-77 and looked over where it was parked and saw this shiny red and black B-model parked in front of the place. So I whipped off the ramp and walked over to see it. Last time I took pictures from the Go-Mart parking lot, but I wanted to take a closer look, and it was outside of the fence.

I talked to a guy that worked there and he said it was indeed the same truck. He said the owner had spent $20,000 on it restoring it because it was their 50th. anniversary. Everything on it looked new, inside and out. Said the company made the bumpers, cat walk, and installed the rollers and winches and so forth on the oilfield exploration trucks. Always wondered what the place was.

Anyway, the B-61 looked as good as any i've ever seen at any truck show. Enough of that, here's some pictures, including the "before" picture.

Immaculately restored truck, Mack Trucks should take notice of this. Maybe if they never discontinued the B model, Mack would be in better financial shape today.