New From Colorado

wyodog

Hello --

Thought I would introduce myself. I live in Colorado and just purchased my first Mack. It's a 1962 B42S. The truck needs a full restore, but it's in great shape and a perfect candidate for a restore project. It's a gasser, but looking to swap in a more modern drive train such as a Detroit Diesel 71 series. Right now I am just trying to track down as much information on these B-models as I can. Thought this would be a great place to start.

If anyone as any suggestions on websites/reading material I would surely appreciate it.

Thanks,

Josh

Hello --

Thought I would introduce myself. I live in Colorado and just purchased my first Mack. It's a 1962 B42S. The truck needs a full restore, but it's in great shape and a perfect candidate for a restore project. It's a gasser, but looking to swap in a more modern drive train such as a Detroit Diesel 71 series. Right now I am just trying to track down as much information on these B-models as I can. Thought this would be a great place to start.

If anyone as any suggestions on websites/reading material I would surely appreciate it.

Thanks,

Josh

Josh,

Congradulations on getting a Mack. I'm a little partial to the B's myself, but do like the other Macks also. I believe that the Mack Museum is moving from it's location, but you can call them at 1-800-866-1177 Monday, Wednesday and Friday to be sure. If you will give the person at the museum the VIN # of your truck they will gather all build sheet specs. and manual for you to have for restoration of your truck and will send it to you in a week or so. It also would be a good idea to send the museum a donation for helping find your trucks info and will help keep the museum open for the rest of the world to enjoy.

Many Regards!

mike :)

Hello and welcome aboard. I would like to make a suggestion...Get a 237 Maxidyne engine and a 5 speed Maxitorque tranny if your gonna swap out the drive train. That way she is still all Mack and the 237 Maxidyne will out pull that detroit all day. Maybe not out run it just out pull it. That sir is what a Mack likes to do. Good luck.

Matt

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS

Thanks for the welcome.

Mike - Thanks for the suggest to contact the Mack Museum, I am going to give them a shout here in the next week or so.

Matt - Wow, it's funny you bring this up. I was speaking to the guy whom I bought the truck off of, and he has a good friend that has that engine. I am going to be reaching out to him and getting the details. Thanks for the suggestion. Once I speak to the guy I will let you know what he has and such.

Again thanks for the welcome. Here are some pics I have of pulling the girl out from where she has been sitting... She needs a lot of work, but I think she is going to be worth it.

http://www.van-houten.org/josh_projects/Mack/

If you need B parts ask Otherdog, Rob, or Larry. They all have neglected B's that they will part out for a small price! :tease: Welcome aboard. Is your gasser an OHV or a real engine ( FLATHEADS FOREVER!!! )

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

If you need B parts ask Otherdog, Rob, or Larry. They all have neglected B's that they will part out for a small price! :tease: Welcome aboard. Is your gasser an OHV or a real engine ( FLATHEADS FOREVER!!! )

There you go picking on me again.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Negative sir, just offering your service to someone like an inlaw would do.

Yeah, well it sure feels like you're making fun of my birth defect.

I guess it's better than being called a "cocktail table in transit" though.

Suppose I can find it within my heart to forgive you; Just be extra careful of my sensitive side in the future. You know I emmotionally bruise easily.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.