Ed Freeman

other dog

Got this E-mail from Andrew in Australia, and it's so good I'm gonna share it here...no disrespect intended for Michael Jackson, but Andrew's Australian and he makes an excellent point-I'd never heard of Ed Freeman, or his passing. And he was a true hero.

This is about priorities everyone...

Andrew.

For your interest

ED FREEMAN (Medal of Honour)

You're a 19 year old kid.

You're critically wounded, and dying in the jungle in the Ia Drang Valley , 11-14-1965, LZ X-ray , Vietnam ..

Your infantry unit is outnumbered 8 - 1, and the enemy fire is so intense, from 100 or 200 yards away, that your own Infantry Commander has ordered the Medivac helicopters to stop coming in.

You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns, and you know you're not getting out.

Your family is 1/2 way around the world, 12,000 miles away, and you'll never see them again. As the world starts to fade in and out, you know this is the day.

Then, over the machine gun noise, you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter, and you look up to see an un-armed Huey, but it doesn't seem real, because no Medi-Vac markings are on it...

Ed Freeman is coming for you... He's not Medi-Vac, so it's not his job, but he's flying his Huey down into the machine gun fire, after the Medi-Vacs were ordered not to come.

He's coming anyway.

And he drops it in, and sits there in the machine gun fire, as they load 2 or 3 of you on board.

Then he flies you up and out through the gunfire, to the Doctors and Nurses.

And, he kept coming back.... 13 more times..... And took about 30 of you and your buddies out, who would never have gotten out.

Medal of Honour Recipient, Ed Freeman, died last Wednesday at the age of 80, in Boise , ID ........

May God rest his soul......

I bet you didn't hear about this hero's passing, but we sure were told a whole bunch of rubbish about some one gloved child molester....

Medal of Honour Winner Ed Freeman!

Shame on the American Media

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Got this E-mail from Andrew in Australia, and it's so good I'm gonna share it here...no disrespect intended for Michael Jackson, but Andrew's Australian and he makes an excellent point-I'd never heard of Ed Freeman, or his passing. And he was a true hero.

This is about priorities everyone...

Andrew.

For your interest

ED FREEMAN (Medal of Honour)

You're a 19 year old kid.

You're critically wounded, and dying in the jungle in the Ia Drang Valley , 11-14-1965, LZ X-ray , Vietnam ..

Your infantry unit is outnumbered 8 - 1, and the enemy fire is so intense, from 100 or 200 yards away, that your own Infantry Commander has ordered the Medivac helicopters to stop coming in.

You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns, and you know you're not getting out.

Your family is 1/2 way around the world, 12,000 miles away, and you'll never see them again. As the world starts to fade in and out, you know this is the day.

Then, over the machine gun noise, you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter, and you look up to see an un-armed Huey, but it doesn't seem real, because no Medi-Vac markings are on it...

Ed Freeman is coming for you... He's not Medi-Vac, so it's not his job, but he's flying his Huey down into the machine gun fire, after the Medi-Vacs were ordered not to come.

He's coming anyway.

And he drops it in, and sits there in the machine gun fire, as they load 2 or 3 of you on board.

Then he flies you up and out through the gunfire, to the Doctors and Nurses.

And, he kept coming back.... 13 more times..... And took about 30 of you and your buddies out, who would never have gotten out.

Medal of Honour Recipient, Ed Freeman, died last Wednesday at the age of 80, in Boise , ID ........

May God rest his soul......

I bet you didn't hear about this hero's passing, but we sure were told a whole bunch of rubbish about some one gloved child molester....

Medal of Honour Winner Ed Freeman!

Shame on the American Media

The media is driven by money, and greed. Accuracy takes a back seat most times. The commedable story of "Ed Freeman", no matter how respectable, or honorable, is just not a commodity that can be marketed with great success, financial gain, or market share. This is sad, but very true.

There are very few "morals" in the news media as can be ascertained from the fiasco of this Jackson case. As mentioned earlier several others of commendable service have passed within this narrow timeframe, yet pass unrecognized into oblivion.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

But i saw a good listing in the OBITUARIES in the newspaper the other day listing as dead of the name of Common Sense.

Common sense is posted in the obituaries every day, just to let us know that it's gone for good.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Guys,

Not only Michael Jackson but the media memorialized Tennessee Titans former QB, Steve McNair here in Tennessee then did the same in his old town of Mississippi. This country has all but spit upon the Honorable soldier and citizen. The country is talkin more about ballgames than caring about the soldiers or people that bettered the world for all of us to eat,excreet and safely go to sleep in.

Tom, i'm happy to honor Mr. Ed Freeman and the many others in the Prayers daily that I have for those that died for me to see another tomorrow without being threaten by another foe. My father died this past October and was sick of all the s#&t that has been going on in this country.

Thanks for posting about Ed Freeman

mike

Guys,

Not only Michael Jackson but the media memorialized Tennessee Titans former QB, Steve McNair here in Tennessee then did the same in his old town of Mississippi. This country has all but spit upon the Honorable soldier and citizen. The country is talkin more about ballgames than caring about the soldiers or people that bettered the world for all of us to eat,excreet and safely go to sleep in.

Tom, i'm happy to honor Mr. Ed Freeman and the many others in the Prayers daily that I have for those that died for me to see another tomorrow without being threaten by another foe. My father died this past October and was sick of all the s#&t that has been going on in this country.

Thanks for posting about Ed Freeman

mike

Hi Mike, I googled Ed Freeman and he actually died in August, 2008 but still I didn't know anything about him until I got that e-mail from Andrew. The story I read said the medivac pilots wouldn't fly in any more because the fighting was so intense, and the landing zone was only about 100 yards from the most intense of it. Ed Freeman and his commander both volunteered to fly in, the only two to step forward when they asked for volunteers. Ed Freeman was originally from Mississippi too.

I got a similar e-mail from Bollweevil, but didn't check my AOL mail until later.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

after reading this I wounder why not honor the people who fight to keep freedom for people frow in their art or any thing American.

freedom is not free, thank you for posting this topic. I have learned about a true hero

Gentlemen - - - - Gentlemen,

Please do not argue amongst yourselves about the media, after all it is aimed at the most common denominator of the people who actualy watch it for meaningful information ...... which is forth grade.

The rest of us seek out information from relible sources and verify the information and then conclued our opinions.

This process is called "Old School" by some and is laughed at by those who watch the media.

When I am confronted with frivolous information, such as Michael Jackson, the switch is moved to "Off".

Jim

Edited by blueknight0517@yahoo.com

Rustednut

thers is only one way to get away from the media bull.... cut the tv off i had mine cut off 5 years ago dont miss it a day i would say my life has betterd with out it and yes the media should have there nuts cut out for doing our veterns the way the do