End-673

In the Operation Manual for 1959, this is for a 1959 H-67 with a END-673, they recommend EO-E (Heaviest-duty Engine Oil) and list Military Specification MIL-L-2104B.

As for the grade table 10W-30 looks like a good choice. But this is what they used in 1959.

I am going to change oil, what oil should I use that is available today and where to get it? Same oil you all use in these old Macks.

Thanks,

Double Diamond

In the Operation Manual for 1959, this is for a 1959 H-67 with a END-673, they recommend EO-E (Heaviest-duty Engine Oil) and list Military Specification MIL-L-2104B.

As for the grade table 10W-30 looks like a good choice. But this is what they used in 1959.

I am going to change oil, what oil should I use that is available today and where to get it? Same oil you all use in these old Macks.

Thanks,

Double Diamond

Hey Double Diamond, ain't heard from you in a long time! As for your question, I don't know. I had my oil changed at a garage that does a lot of truck work, but when I drove it home it was a gallon low, so I put a gallon of Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer in it because I didn't know what kind of oil they used.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Hey Double Diamond, ain't heard from you in a long time! As for your question, I don't know. I had my oil changed at a garage that does a lot of truck work, but when I drove it home it was a gallon low, so I put a gallon of Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer in it because I didn't know what kind of oil they used.

I use SAE 30 non detergent

I use SAE 30 non detergent

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me you're kidding!!!!!!!!

You should never use a non detergent oil in any engine!!!

That stuff is strictly for "oil can" lubrication.

Regarding the OP's question, any reputable brand 15w40 diesel engine oil will work just fine in that 673.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me you're kidding!!!!!!!!

You should never use a non detergent oil in any engine!!!

That stuff is strictly for "oil can" lubrication.

Regarding the OP's question, any reputable brand 15w40 diesel engine oil will work just fine in that 673.

Aw Man and I thought I had my work all caught up for the weekend, Now I have over due oil changes to do. That is what I get for running off at the keyboard, any way thanks for the heads up Block

I used to put 15w50 Rotella in mine, but found 30w instead this year. The oil pressure seems to say a bit higher and stable with it instead of dropping off as much with the multigrade. Still pulls 50+ psi running down the road.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Listen to Herb,

This is one subject that many including me has thrown up questions. I have even talked to the Mack Dealer and they said we were just like splitting hairs when we asked that question. They said use any kind but DO NOT use NON- DETERGENT oil. Read on the jug first or ask before leaving the store if indoubt ASK.

mike :)

Other Dog, Thanks for the reply and to all the others that answered back. I plan to go with 15w40 Rotella oil. The oil filter I found in use on the truck is a NAPA 1554. I got the Grover air horns working.