South Park

other dog

...just noticed that the funniest South Park ever-well,maybe the 2nd. funniest ever-is coming on again tonight on the comedy channel at 9:30 eastern. I can't help it, it may be stoopid, I might be over 50, but it's hilarious!

...arrright now comedy central, I want my #$@% *&!! money!!...Ha Ha!!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

We have South Park fans here huh? I pretty much downloaded every episode and enjoy watching them over and over. What a damn clever and funny show, my mother even likes it!

If you don't have cable or are impatient and you have a high speed internet connection go to http://www.southparkstudios.com/ and watch the full episode there (click the red full episodes button in the upper left). They make you sit through only a few commercials and you can watch every episode from seasons 1-12 and season 13 as they are allowed to show them. Pretty much South Park on demand. My favorite episode is "scott tenorman must die" from the 5th season, great ending.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

We have South Park fans here huh? I pretty much downloaded every episode and enjoy watching them over and over. What a damn clever and funny show, my mother even likes it!

If you don't have cable or are impatient and you have a high speed internet connection go to http://www.southparkstudios.com/ and watch the full episode there (click the red full episodes button in the upper left). They make you sit through only a few commercials and you can watch every episode from seasons 1-12 and season 13 as they are allowed to show them. Pretty much South Park on demand. My favorite episode is "scott tenorman must die" from the 5th season, great ending.

Is that the one where Cartman is training the pony to bite the guy's unit off? -well, that was my favorite 'til I saw the Jonas Bros./Mickey Mouse episode. I don't know which one I laughed at more! :lol:

"now git out there and make me some g.d. money..ha-ha!"-Mickey Mouse

Tom,

What's the latest with Miss Becky?

mike

I got the hood repainted and put it back on last weekend. My next plan was to buy some used wheels and get some used tires from the shop so I can run tubeless tires on it. Todd said I could have the tires, but the wheels are $40 each and things are kinda' slow. Just don't know whether to just go ahead and get 'em, or hold off a while because they're not a necessity. But I do need tires on the rear, it's got recaps on it now, some have cracks in the sidewall, and it drives like it has footballs for tires now.

I drove mine yesterday and was going to pull out a small stump near the house, but as soon as I pulled off the road into the yard it started to sink down and I did not need ruts in the yard. So looks like i'm going to need the old armstrong method again as I started with it last week. My g/f was there to help put chocks under the wheels. We later used her 4 wheel drive Honda but it would not budge it. I tried to shift the B model as you guys were talking about in another post. But it was better but I still think the trans needs a new throwout bearing and possible pilot bearing. I really don't like to guess about it, but when I get the new garage next month I hope I can start putting some time into the truck. The air compressor is doing ok for now at least the governor is cutting out normal. Oil is still a big factor with it and I have not cleaned the filter yet. It is on my to do list.

I'm glad to hear the hood is fixed on Miss Becky! You are probably close to being ready for some truck shows? I was hoping next weekend I could go to my first one near my home with my truck, but looks like the crew is getting ready to come and dig the footing for starting of the garage next weekend. I will be at the Huntsville, Alabama ATHS Show on thursday 5/28/09 since I took vacation that day only.

You mentioned tires, and the ones put on my truck are China brand and ones on front are fairly new and drivers are decent but are ok. When I have to buy tires, they will most likely be Made In USA. with the Good House Keepng Seal Of Approval on them....LOL.....with the pay more and get less warranty on them..... got to go help Mom see ya later.

mike

Is that the one where Cartman is training the pony to bite the guy's unit off? -well, that was my favorite 'til I saw the Jonas Bros./Mickey Mouse episode. I don't know which one I laughed at more! :lol:

"now git out there and make me some g.d. money..ha-ha!"-Mickey Mouse

HAHA yes that's the one! The ending was priceless.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Fred,

Thats great!, I know many and including me will be glad to have this to look at and use it for training purposes as well. For us Mack Lovers I would even like to someday go to a web-site to get information from a B- Model Repair Manual. This would not cause the people to leave the BMT site, but would help educate those like myself to better understand what the in's and out's are all about. I myself believe in the ole tried and true hands on training that ya don't always get from a book. Their will always be questions to ask and we already have that resource here, plus we have ROB too.

Thanks Fred I'll be watching

mike

:mack1:

Fred,

Thats great!, I know many and including me will be glad to have this to look at and use it for training purposes as well. For us Mack Lovers I would even like to someday go to a web-site to get information from a B- Model Repair Manual. This would not cause the people to leave the BMT site, but would help educate those like myself to better understand what the in's and out's are all about. I myself believe in the ole tried and true hands on training that ya don't always get from a book. Their will always be questions to ask and we already have that resource here, plus we have ROB too.

Thanks Fred I'll be watching

mike

:mack1:

I see Rob's been on here today, but he hasn't said anything funny yet...maybe he's watching me, and loading up my mixer about now. :rolleyes:

Tom,

She's a beautiful woman. I know it is difficult to loose a piece of your life. But we cannot stand still and not keep on keeping on. I was once married to a redhead also. She enjoyed going to car shows and helping me with the car and club events. The years for us were 85-92. My dad once told me that the only ones that will love you most and stand by you thick or thin is your mom and dad........I hoped he would be wrong.......so far he is has been right. Mom's birthday is tomorrow so I will take her to my favorite Mexican food probably or she'll want me to take her to the Krystal and get her some hamburgers. I keep telling her she's the cheapest date i've ever had, so why don't we go to Ole Charleys.....No I want to get some Krystal's she'll say.......go figure......LOL

mike

I see Rob's been on here today, but he hasn't said anything funny yet...maybe he's watching me, and loading up my mixer about now. :rolleyes:

I'm actually making attempt to get over the loss of sale on a mixer I'd planned. After all the marketing, coordination from participating parties, processing of associated paperwork, and reception with deposits of funds to make this deal come together; You go and stick a RED hood on the unit negating the conditions of sale set forth.

This unit was advertised, and sold with a BLACK hood installed. Not a Red one with too much, (by a couple grams) blue tint retained to the color mix rendering a "shade off" to suit the truck.

I don't feel like a "screwed pooch" often, but this is one of those times.

It's all your fault.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I'm actually making attempt to get over the loss of sale on a mixer I'd planned. After all the marketing, coordination from participating parties, processing of associated paperwork, and reception with deposits of funds to make this deal come together; You go and stick a RED hood on the unit negating the conditions of sale set forth.

This unit was advertised, and sold with a BLACK hood installed. Not a Red one with too much, (by a couple grams) blue tint retained to the color mix rendering a "shade off" to suit the truck.

I don't feel like a "screwed pooch" often, but this is one of those times.

It's all your fault.

Rob

I wanted the top of the hood black, but it has some bents in it and I figured they would show up worser black. :(

I wanted the top of the hood black, but it has some bents in it and I figured they would show up worser black. :(

I noticed some of the dents as you mention. Hard to believe they were painted over.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I noticed some of the dents as you mention. Hard to believe they were painted over.

Rob

it looks like somebody stepped on it or sat on it. you can pop them out with your hand but they pop right back in. it was like that when I got it. looks like he coulda put a stiffener of some kind on the underside to hold it stiff and fixed it pretty easy, but I don't know.

it looks like somebody stepped on it or sat on it. you can pop them out with your hand but they pop right back in. it was like that when I got it. looks like he coulda put a stiffener of some kind on the underside to hold it stiff and fixed it pretty easy, but I don't know.

That is referred to as "oil canning" of the panel. It is easily repaired by heat shrinking the steel substrate, then stretching it back to the proper contour, (hammer and dolly work). That type of dent is common with dump trucks, and mixers that had the tanks mounted high such as yours. With the panel completely paint stripped as yours was, the time to repair that damage would have been neglible. The bracing underneath? The B model hoods were a sturdy design with the crown built/rolled into the panel to make it self supporting and they did their job quite effectively. I don't understand the need for added bracing for support.

As long as you are happy, all is great.

This of course is just my unsolicited opinion......

Rob

That is referred to as "oil canning" of the panel. It is easily repaired by heat shrinking the steel substrate, then stretching it back to the proper contour, (hammer and dolly work). That type of dent is common with dump trucks, and mixers that had the tanks mounted high such as yours. With the panel completely paint stripped as yours was, the time to repair that damage would have been neglible. The bracing underneath? The B model hoods were a sturdy design with the crown built/rolled into the panel to make it self supporting and they did their job quite effectively. I don't understand the need for added bracing for support.

As long as you are happy, all is great.

This of course is just my unsolicited opinion......

Rob

I don't either, but I know nothing about body work.The man that painted it has had the reputation of being the best around, and he suggested I look for another hood! I never thought it was that bad, or that it would be hard to fix it right. I'd be a lot happier if it had been. I wish now i'd sent it off to be fixed. He only charged $150, and only did the bare minimum work.

I don't either, but I know nothing about body work.The man that painted it has had the reputation of being the best around, and he suggested I look for another hood! I never thought it was that bad, or that it would be hard to fix it right. I'd be a lot happier if it had been. I wish now i'd sent it off to be fixed. He only charged $150, and only did the bare minimum work.

Call me on your next trip to Roxanna.

Rob