Opinions On Todays Schools

beatngu

i see many drugies,smokers,and people who drink. every day i think things are getting worse my best friend does it all i really want a few opinions on this crap i live with

Wow your 15, freshman or sophmore in highschool? I hear ya, I am 25 but remember the BS back in high school. Thing is it has always been that way, it has always been "getting worse". No matter what school you go to there will always be the dope heads, trouble makers and kids who got nothing to do but party and try to get laid. Ignore them and anything they have to say to you. I just did my thing and said screw em, I got better things to do.

Wanna know what the key to avoiding the dregs of society and staying strait? HAVE A HOBBY! All of the messed up people I know/knew never did anything creative in there spare time. You have your nice Mack. Fix her up and learn as you go along. You will find that after you really get into what your doing its a high in all its own. And once its finished, you will have a real good sence of accomplishment. You will also find you stoped caring about the problem people and their BS :D Do your own thing, be your own person!

And I can relate with the problem you have with your friend. One of my closent friends since high school moved down to Flordia 2 years ago with his fiancée. Well he met this stripper, started to fool around with her, His fiancée caught him and dumped him. He is now living with the stripper and devloped a crack/coke habbit. Sad really, especially when I call him and he has to put me on hold while he does a hit. I have tried to help him out and talk to him but he just wont stop. Talk to your friend, he might not stop right away but if you persist it just might work. My brothers friend started to smoke allot, and my brother literally yelled at him till he stopped :) .

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Im 26 and altho I have never smoked a joint, or abused any type of Drug...EVER! alot of my friends that I still have today , took drugs. I have freinds that smoked pot as young as 10 and even lost a few long time friends from cocaine OD back in my high school years. Drugs have been around for 1,000s of years but the rate at wich people fall victim is crazy I know people say pot is the gateway drug. but I say the problems all start in your head. It seems that the people that get hooked have other issues in there life and find drugs as an easy escape to there problems. most of the kids in my HS only did drugs with other users. Everyone would meet after school for a joint. or all meet up and look for someone with pot. It was pretty sad my 2nd year in HS when most of the students only wanted to smoke a joint with the older kids thinking it was cool. I have been out of HS for some time now and many of my friends that did drugs now sencerly regret some of the things they did. I have lost a few great friends because they refused to stop abusing. Its sad when I think back of how we were back in grade school and how they chouse a drug over a long time friend. some times people will wake up and relize what they have done to you and themselves. I always give someone a 2nd chance. However I honestly dont have an issue with people wanting to smok a joint or social drinking, poping a pain killer from time to time etc.. to relax. but I do have isser how so many kids today get into drugs soearly, get hooked during HS years and later move onto hard core drugs. I think the main reason I never got into drugs was because I was too busy working on my stuff..go cart, riding lawn mower, alwasy had a wrench in my hand or an idea in my head. I thank my mom for letting me roam the neighborhood looking for side jobs with friends, allowing me to learn things by trial and error. If more parents would let/ make kids stay out side I think many of them would steer clear of drugs.

Trent

Im 26 and altho I have never smoked a joint, or abused any type of Drug...EVER! alot of my friends that I still have today , took drugs. I have freinds that smoked pot as young as 10 and even lost a few long time friends from cocaine OD back in my high school years. Drugs have been around for 1,000s of years but the rate at wich people fall victim is crazy I know people say pot is the gateway drug. but I say the problems all start in your head. It seems that the people that get hooked have other issues in there life and find drugs as an easy escape to there problems. most of the kids in my HS only did drugs with other users. Everyone would meet after school for a joint. or all meet up and look for someone with pot. It was pretty sad my 2nd year in HS when most of the students only wanted to smoke a joint with the older kids thinking it was cool. I have been out of HS for some time now and many of my friends that did drugs now sencerly regret some of the things they did. I have lost a few great friends because they refused to stop abusing. Its sad when I think back of how we were back in grade school and how they chouse a drug over a long time friend. some times people will wake up and relize what they have done to you and themselves. I always give someone a 2nd chance. However I honestly dont have an issue with people wanting to smok a joint or social drinking, poping a pain killer from time to time etc.. to relax. but I do have isser how so many kids today get into drugs soearly, get hooked during HS years and later move onto hard core drugs. I think the main reason I never got into drugs was because I was too busy working on my stuff..go cart, riding lawn mower, alwasy had a wrench in my hand or an idea in my head. I thank my mom for letting me roam the neighborhood looking for side jobs with friends, allowing me to learn things by trial and error. If more parents would let/ make kids stay out side I think many of them would steer clear of drugs.

Trent

Trent I agree on the part of having an understanding mother who lets you have a little freedom. The tighter the lockdown parents keep on there kids the more likely they are to try to rebel by doing what they cant. My mom let me not only have a shed full of old tv's vcr steroes and lawnmowers but also fill half the basement as well. Worst part was my father helped me find the junk too! Mostly today its computers lol.

I will admit I sometimes go out and drink myself silly or MAYBE share a joint with a few friends but I do it all in moderation, and keep it safe. Always a designated driver or crash at a friends place when im too whacked to drive. Never had a problem. I Dont touch the hard stuff, thats how my friend got hooked on coke, tried it once and kept doing it till he was hooked. He came up to visit right after christmas and man he started to fein so bad he was shaking and sweating begging me to find him some.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

well im a freshman,i dont own that truck YET but i hope that when i get a job my parents will let me buy, and put it somewhere on our 22 acre lot.and somthing help ful is that my moms boyfriend is a great machanic. and yaeh why waste money on somthing stupid that only lasts a little while when i can-will- buy somthing beautiful that will last a life time.that truck is my obsession it almost scares people how much i like it! thanks for your advice and opinions-kyle

well im a freshman,i dont own that truck YET but i hope that when i get a job my parents will let me buy, and put it somewhere on our 22 acre lot.and somthing help ful is that my moms boyfriend is a great machanic. and yaeh why waste money on somthing stupid that only lasts a little while when i can-will- buy somthing beautiful that will last a life time.that truck is my obsession it almost scares people how much i like it! thanks for your advice and opinions-kyle

I'm the same way, man... when I drove my door and window-less $400 dm home 6 months ago, i got told right off the bat that I was crazy and no chance would I ever have a decent truck... TADA!!! $3763.03 later I have a truck thats ready to have the bed set on it and start makin money... Just remember... It can definitely be done

Jake

A great mentor to me said that if you lay down with dogs you're gonna get up with fleas. Seems best for us adults to set the example, don't just say it, live it. And Trent, you sure are right by saying stay busy, get interested in something (for me fishing) and strive to be good at it. It sure is tougher for you younger guys now. In the 60's and 70's the drug culture was there and I lost several friends died young but nothing like today. Mackmoney1, your parents should be proud as they can be of you for makin' something of that old DM and yourself at the same time. Now don't get me wrong, I wasn't any alter boy then or now but to waste my life with drugs or booze, no way. Too much fun to have when you're straight. Bob

Ain't a Mack? Take it back!

I have to laugh at some of the guys/kids at work. I show up in one of my numerous hotrods and such. They bitch and complain and then wonder why they don't have squat. Well, since you drink or smoke your paycheck away....it don't leave much else!

My mom always complained when I was young about my habits(car related). She always gave up when I told her I could be drinking my money away and have nothing to show for it.

Keep a clear head, find friends with similiar interests(or a club) and like said...get a hobby. Even if it's collecting truck pictures, it's a start. Work towards a goal! It will be much more satisfying then seeing if you can finish a 12 pack and still walk?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

drugs don't just take your money, it take a bit of your lifes and keep a bit of your brain. i'm so 'stupid' to put that much money on Mack and my 4x4 imagine if i have been taking drugs... I wouldn't have these toys to play with. now i have something left. I'm 20 and drugs sucks. i really like beers, but I'm not always drunk! I don't care about people who smoke a join at special occasion, but don't build your life around that scrap! so much things are too nice to don't appreciate it! if you really like it, well you can, but find somethings else that you like more so you can be sure to let that piece of ... out of your life.

drugs don't just take your money, it take a bit of your lifes and keep a bit of your brain. i'm so 'stupid' to put that much money on Mack and my 4x4 imagine if i have been taking drugs... I wouldn't have these toys to play with. now i have something left. I'm 20 and drugs sucks. i really like beers, but I'm not always drunk! I don't care about people who smoke a join at special occasion, but don't build your life around that scrap! so much things are too nice to don't appreciate it! if you really like it, well you can, but find somethings else that you like more so you can be sure to let that piece of ... out of your life.

A lot starts at home. If you can talk to your parents about drugs and school life it would be easier for young people to make the right choices. As you all know that dosn't always happen if the home life stinks and you have no one to turn to. I make sure I talk to my boy about drugs and things that happen in school and go to functions with him to help him down the right path,Tim