I picked up a "64 B-67 contour cab s/a tractor.It's been sitting at least 5 years.Air steering,711 with a duplex,nice chrome,could use paint on the cab.It's a nice,complete straight truck that could be serviced and put to work!Should have her home today/tomorow??I may keep,i may sell???

Bigdog

In your wanted list i see you are looking for Mack /Brockway stuff. With your new purchase are you still looking. GreenGiant2

just wondering ,i have two brocks

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

I picked up a "64 B-67 contour cab s/a tractor.It's been sitting at least 5 years.Air steering,711 with a duplex,nice chrome,could use paint on the cab.It's a nice,complete straight truck that could be serviced and put to work!Should have her home today/tomorow??I may keep,i may sell???

Don't mean to sound negative to your cause but if you continue to align yourself along the lines of someone trying to profit from antique trucks using contacts on these couple of websites, you will quickly find yourself "out of favor" with those that enjoy trying to help you. If you enjoy antique trucks for what they are and not a profit potential item, you will fit right in. A lot of folks have spent many, many years in the saddle, (both behind the wheel, and repairing) these old trucks, and enjoy sharing/helping others with their endeavors, but if it is behind the curtain to help someone resale a truck, it will not go on long.

I feel a true "collector" would have kept that Autocar tractor you had. There is going to have to be a lot of time and effort expended to come up with something as nice as that truck was represented. Again, don't mean to be negative but you are charting a path that is not in your long term favor.

I ask a lot of questions enlisting the help from a lot of experienced folks on the websites. I have many years in the paint and body repair business but consider myself no expert on anything as there is always a new trick to learn. Nothing I ask is "pegging" people for infomation to facilitate a sale without openly telling folks exactly that.

Just offering unsolicited words of caution to you. Hope you enjoy your B model acquisition.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Well "ROB",maybe you should talk to me before jumping to conclusions about what i do with old trucks :rolleyes: .I've "SAVED" and found "GOOD HOMES" for at least 20 trucks,how many have you saved???MOST of them had a date with the crusher,should i have let them go???As far as the A Car go's,i could not give it the attention it needs.The new owner has pleanty of money,and a building.Two things i don't.My advice sir,is look before you leap next time.

Well "ROB",maybe you should talk to me before jumping to conclusions about what i do with old trucks :rolleyes: .I've "SAVED" and found "GOOD HOMES" for at least 20 trucks,how many have you saved???MOST of them had a date with the crusher,should i have let them go???As far as the A Car go's,i could not give it the attention it needs.The new owner has pleanty of money,and a building.Two things i don't.My advice sir,is look before you leap next time.

You are incorrect in your assumption. Still sound like a "profiteer" to me. Found good homes for at least 20 trucks, hmmmmm.

Your community service is commendable; I'm sure this was done from the "goodness of your heart".

Your emmotionally charged responses do not support your cause favorably.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

You are incorrect in your assumption. Still sound like a "profiteer" to me. Found good homes for at least 20 trucks, hmmmmm.

Your community service is commendable; I'm sure this was done from the "goodness of your heart".

Your emmotionally charged responses do not support your cause favorably.

Rob

Well then,you must be ignorant.I lost $700- on the Autocar.It will get the full resto it needs/deserves from the member on here who purchased it.You seem to be a trouble maker to me,starting a pissing match on the internet is SO manly of you.I guess i'll just let them rust and get scrapped,i guess i shouldn't of pulled this B-67 from the field...... :rolleyes:

Well then,you must be ignorant.I lost $700- on the Autocar.It will get the full resto it needs/deserves from the member on here who purchased it.You seem to be a trouble maker to me,starting a pissing match on the internet is SO manly of you.I guess i'll just let them rust and get scrapped,i guess i shouldn't of pulled this B-67 from the field...... :rolleyes:

You lost $700.00 on that truck? And you think I'm ignorant??

I learned several years ago to NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT.

Rob

That is why i say very little,i try to get along with everybody, i sure don,t need to get in a keyboard fight, i would of loved to get ahold of the A car that my dad drove back in the 60,s , but i couldn,t compete with the high rollers that got it, only to sell it to some of there out of state pals, i know thats called good busness but i doubt it ever gets done :mack1:

Don't mean to sound negative to your cause but if you continue to align yourself along the lines of someone trying to profit from antique trucks using contacts on these couple of websites, you will quickly find yourself "out of favor" with those that enjoy trying to help you. If you enjoy antique trucks for what they are and not a profit potential item, you will fit right in. A lot of folks have spent many, many years in the saddle, (both behind the wheel, and repairing) these old trucks, and enjoy sharing/helping others with their endeavors, but if it is behind the curtain to help someone resale a truck, it will not go on long.

I feel a true "collector" would have kept that Autocar tractor you had. There is going to have to be a lot of time and effort expended to come up with something as nice as that truck was represented. Again, don't mean to be negative but you are charting a path that is not in your long term favor.

I ask a lot of questions enlisting the help from a lot of experienced folks on the websites. I have many years in the paint and body repair business but consider myself no expert on anything as there is always a new trick to learn. Nothing I ask is "pegging" people for infomation to facilitate a sale without openly telling folks exactly that.

Just offering unsolicited words of caution to you. Hope you enjoy your B model acquisition.

Rob

Well Rob I thought you was nice about what you said, And Bigdogtrucker he didn't mean anything bad buy it, but the man has a point....You got rid of the Auocar because of "Space" and "Cash" but when you bought this truck what did you end up with? Maybe you just wanted a Mack intead of a autocar, but you should multiply in trucks instead of going through them like crazy cause a man can never have enough trucks. I have a '52 ford F-600 and I really want a B-model, but it has never worked out for me to have one. I just stick with my old truck I've had for 7 years and pretty much nothing has got done to it till the last couple of months. Maybe you oughta stick with one to keep, just my opinion.........

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

Well Rob I thought you was nice about what you said, And Bigdogtrucker he didn't mean anything bad buy it, but the man has a point....You got rid of the Auocar because of "Space" and "Cash" but when you bought this truck what did you end up with? Maybe you just wanted a Mack intead of a autocar, but you should multiply in trucks instead of going through them like crazy cause a man can never have enough trucks. I have a '52 ford F-600 and I really want a B-model, but it has never worked out for me to have one. I just stick with my old truck I've had for 7 years and pretty much nothing has got done to it till the last couple of months. Maybe you oughta stick with one to keep, just my opinion.........

"Rob" is a rude,nasty troll that wouldn't last a minute on many forums(he has attacked me elsewhere).As far as the A Car,the new owner will give it a full resto.That's something it needed and deserved,and i had no place to do it.(pulling the cab off ect...)The B i just picked up cost far less than the A Car,so i payed some bills and bought a cheaper truck.I started the B today and she runs like a swiss watch.Like i said before,i may keep it i may not???I had my last B for 18 years!I took it apart when i was younger and had no wife/child,with big dreams of restoring it.I hated to sell that truck,but it went to a good member who is doing it over as we speak.I'd really like to get a Brockway someday (to keep)because that's what i grew up riding in with my grandfather.

"Rob" is a rude,nasty troll that wouldn't last a minute on many forums(he has attacked me elsewhere).As far as the A Car,the new owner will give it a full resto.That's something it needed and deserved,and i had no place to do it.(pulling the cab off ect...)The B i just picked up cost far less than the A Car,so i payed some bills and bought a cheaper truck.I started the B today and she runs like a swiss watch.Like i said before,i may keep it i may not???I had my last B for 18 years!I took it apart when i was younger and had no wife/child,with big dreams of restoring it.I hated to sell that truck,but it went to a good member who is doing it over as we speak.I'd really like to get a Brockway someday (to keep)because that's what i grew up riding in with my grandfather.

Well first off I'm gonna say this "TROLL" bullshit is gonna have to stop. Not pickin sides, but Rob only stated his opinion which might be the same opinion of others, or not the same opinion of others. Now that i got your full attention, we all get along well on here and if you misunderstand something that's fine, but your not just gonna get on here and start bashing against other members. I'm in no way a ADMINISTRATOR so.........I'm happy for ya if you payed some bills and wot not with you money, maybe you will have luck with gettin a Brockway, but lets just keep it civilized and on the earth level. Rob has been a member of these forums way before I come along and has always been helpful to others so........Good luck with whatever you gonna do.

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

"Rob" is a rude,nasty troll that wouldn't last a minute on many forums(he has attacked me elsewhere).

I am???, I have????

I simply linked your "for sale" ad for this truck on our BMT site to the ATHS website where you cannot have these "for sale" ads. Also stated that I didn't believe that you had an interest in antique trucks for what they are. Thought I was helping you out. How ungrateful of you to call me "Troll", "A-Hole", and such on an open forum.

Myself, I try to help as many folks out with their antique restorations and problems as I can. Much of my advice is readily accepted as it is from my background, and experience, which I openly share with most participants. However, at this point, I feel you are no more than a "used car salesman" with a new twist; Predatory, if you will.

Persons with your type of combative, belligerant, and arrogant attitude typically place a solid 90-92 on a standard battery aptitude test, (IQ). A score of 100 bears the equal of average intelligence in humans. This makes your problems legitimately "not completely your fault", therfore 100% blame cannot effectively be placed squarly upon you given your lack of intellegence. The common phrase for this is handicap is referred to as "Retarded", without reference to any other person.

Although it is highly unusual for me to participate in in this type of behavior, I must admit defeat in that I can't fix your stupidity.

You heard it here first: "I can't fix stupid"; won't even try.

Now you do have the option to exit the same way you came without delay. Personally, I prefer you exercise that option. We have, and would exist perfectly fine without the likes of you; However with a realignment of your attitude and posting habits, even I could welcome your participation and involvement. There are a lot of good people on this site and we hold each other in high regards, while being respectful of others' opinions.

I speak for the majority when I say you are welcome here; Your prior posts are not, and are a confliction of what makes this site great.

Regards;

Rob

Well first off I'm gonna say this "TROLL" bullshit is gonna have to stop. Not pickin sides, but Rob only stated his opinion which might be the same opinion of others, or not the same opinion of others. Now that i got your full attention, we all get along well on here and if you misunderstand something that's fine, but your not just gonna get on here and start bashing against other members. I'm in no way a ADMINISTRATOR so.........I'm happy for ya if you payed some bills and wot not with you money, maybe you will have luck with gettin a Brockway, but lets just keep it civilized and on the earth level. Rob has been a member of these forums way before I come along and has always been helpful to others so........Good luck with whatever you gonna do.

Well thank you Joe. The overwhelming support I have received from both BMT, and the ATHS site has been touching to say the least concerning this matter.

The subject will have no bearing on my desire to continue as before; Even with this "minor" annoyance present.

Again, thanks to all for the support.

Rob

I am???, I have????

I simply linked your "for sale" ad for this truck on our BMT site to the ATHS website where you cannot have these "for sale" ads. Also stated that I didn't believe that you had an interest in antique trucks for what they are. Thought I was helping you out. How ungrateful of you to call me "Troll", "A-Hole", and such on an open forum.

Myself, I try to help as many folks out with their antique restorations and problems as I can. Much of my advice is readily accepted as it is from my background, and experience, which I openly share with most participants. However, at this point, I feel you are no more than a "used car salesman" with a new twist; Predatory, if you will.

Persons with your type of combative, belligerant, and arrogant attitude typically place a solid 90-92 on a standard battery aptitude test, (IQ). A score of 100 bears the equal of average intelligence in humans. This makes your problems legitimately "not completely your fault", therfore 100% blame cannot effectively be placed squarly upon you given your lack of intellegence. The common phrase for this is handicap is referred to as "Retarded", without reference to any other person.

Although it is highly unusual for me to participate in in this type of behavior, I must admit defeat in that I can't fix your stupidity.

You heard it here first: "I can't fix stupid"; won't even try.

Now you do have the option to exit the same way you came without delay. Personally, I prefer you exercise that option. We have, and would exist perfectly fine without the likes of you; However with a realignment of your attitude and posting habits, even I could welcome your participation and involvement. There are a lot of good people on this site and we hold each other in high regards, while being respectful of others' opinions.

I speak for the majority when I say you are welcome here; Your prior posts are not, and are a confliction of what makes this site great.

Regards;

Rob

I wish you would just mind your own bussiness.Many people do not enjoy your keyboard comando toughness and have told me don't listen to your crap and have fun.I was told there's "That guy" everywhere,and your "him" here.Just curious,are you a liberal???

I wish you would just mind your own bussiness.Many people do not enjoy your keyboard comando toughness and have told me don't listen to your crap and have fun.I was told there's "That guy" everywhere,and your "him" here.Just curious,are you a liberal???

To be honest your "That Guy" ..... and another thing when you post something on here you make it "Everyone's" business. That being said let me bring something to your attention, was you a bully as a child? Meaning calling another member a "Liberal" or a "Troll" is that all you can do is be a "Keyboard Commando" as you stated? Rob is definetly not that guy here, we all joke around here and have a good time, but all joking aside people like Rob, Herb, Larry, Tom, James, Barry and plenty others are well experienced and major participants of this board. We all might barely know each other, but as friends we take up for each other......Morale of the story, get on the damn trailer and participate like we all do or fall off and look like a jackass. You cant just show up with your chest all swelled out tryin to be bad, cause the truth will pop it for ya. We like having new members here, but participate nicely or not at all...

I am going to address this response in the order of which you posted it:

"Mind my own business"? You made this my business with your original post responding to mine; You also set the tone of how business was to be conducted. Under normal circumstances I am very passive, but you demanded otherwise; This of course meaning aggressive.

The term "keyboard commando" has already been addressed, (quite eloquently I may add) and the original post was misdirected by 180 degrees.

"That guy". Hmmm, let's evaluate this further; If anyone has an issue, or problem with me personally, I welcome the opportunity to work things out. Misunderstandings can, and do happen. The lines of communication must remain open for solutions to these impediments to progress. Business is a two sided affair. Repeat business is essential to my continued success. So far, no one has approached so I can only discount your offensive overtone at this time.

"Him". See above paragraph citing the same meaning.

If you are interested in placing this ordeal behind you and moving forward, you will have no problem sincerely apologizing to myself, and the congregation of BMT participants very publically, and openly, as is the way you chose to attack, and discredit me. I feel a "real man" would "swallow their pride" to do the right thing. I'm not personally looking to embarrass you, but do feel it is the "right thing to do".

We all make mistakes, we are human. It is how we rectify what we have done wrong that matters.

I ask: "Are you that kind of man"?

I am not expecting a favorable response.

Rob

I am going to address this response in the order of which you posted it:

"Mind my own business"? You made this my business with your original post responding to mine; You also set the tone of how business was to be conducted. Under normal circumstances I am very passive, but you demanded otherwise; This of course meaning aggressive.

The term "keyboard commando" has already been addressed, (quite eloquently I may add) and the original post was misdirected by 180 degrees.

"That guy". Hmmm, let's evaluate this further; If anyone has an issue, or problem with me personally, I welcome the opportunity to work things out. Misunderstandings can, and do happen. The lines of communication must remain open for solutions to these impediments to progress. Business is a two sided affair. Repeat business is essential to my continued success. So far, no one has approached so I can only discount your offensive overtone at this time.

"Him". See above paragraph citing the same meaning.

If you are interested in placing this ordeal behind you and moving forward, you will have no problem sincerely apologizing to myself, and the congregation of BMT participants very publically, and openly, as is the way you chose to attack, and discredit me. I feel a "real man" would "swallow their pride" to do the right thing. I'm not personally looking to embarrass you, but do feel it is the "right thing to do".

We all make mistakes, we are human. It is how we rectify what we have done wrong that matters.

I ask: "Are you that kind of man"?

I am not expecting a favorable response.

Rob

I think both of you should grow up and knock it off.No need for name calling,and no need to tell a guy what to do with his own trucks,that's his bussiness.I,and many others on here have bought,sold and traded many trucks over the years.That doesn't mean we don't have a passion for them.I'd like to get another B model myself,but will have to sell off something to get one.Good luck to both of you,please end this peacefully.

I think both of you should grow up and knock it off.No need for name calling,and no need to tell a guy what to do with his own trucks,that's his bussiness.I,and many others on here have bought,sold and traded many trucks over the years.That doesn't mean we don't have a passion for them.I'd like to get another B model myself,but will have to sell off something to get one.Good luck to both of you,please end this peacefully.

Seems to me Rob is being civilized about it....

Calling me out on 2 sites saying i have no love for these trucks and only care about money is civilized,especialy when he does not know me at ALL????? :rolleyes: I rest my case.

Here is what you "love for these trucks" amounts to. This, as you can tell is your own words/post.

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?showtopic=8847

You are weak in character by reasons addressed prior.

I am now finished with this subject as it is my belief you are incapable of practial reasoning at this time. This is a byproduct of a lower that average intelligence quotient, (90-92) mentioned in a prior post, (this of course is my estimation). I do not make that statement based on anger, or ill will towards you; It is simply a clinically proven fact in human behavior patterns that applies to you as a "textbook case". Again the commonly applied name to this handicap is "retarded". To break that down further would be a case of mild retardation as you are capable of funtioning normally within society at times.

Once again I mean no disrespect to you personally. It would be in your best interest to seek professional counseling to introduce peace, tranquillity, and stability into your life. You will then have a positive outlook to release you from the "threatning envelope" in which you exist.

Rob

Here is what you "love for these trucks" amounts to. This, as you can tell is your own words/post.

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?showtopic=8847

You are weak in character by reasons addressed prior.

I am now finished with this subject as it is my belief you are incapable of practial reasoning at this time. This is a byproduct of a lower that average intelligence quotient, (90-92) mentioned in a prior post, (this of course is my estimation). I do not make that statement based on anger, or ill will towards you; It is simply a clinically proven fact in human behavior patterns that applies to you as a "textbook case". Again the commonly applied name to this handicap is "retarded". To break that down further would be a case of mild retardation as you are capable of funtioning normally within society at times.

Once again I mean no disrespect to you personally. It would be in your best interest to seek professional counseling to introduce peace, tranquillity, and stability into your life. You will then have a positive outlook to release you from the "threatning envelope" in which you exist.

Rob

OK,Rob.How does a link to my friends truck for sale =ME not having a love for old trucks? :rolleyes: I'm listening,go ahead and explain.... ;)

OK,Rob.How does a link to my friends truck for sale =ME not having a love for old trucks? :rolleyes: I'm listening,go ahead and explain.... ;)

WOW. You really are beyond reach.