Chinese Food

Underdog

I saw on TV the other night that they asked the question which is better for you dog or cat? They said dog had too much fat. It was very red meat not stringy. Cat was stringy but all in all was the better choice. I bet at some of our fast food resturants, sometime we may have eaten dog but didn't know it. I do believe that i've experienced dog when I was eating at a mexican resturant in the past because of a strange taste I experienced. Don't believe i've had it since then.

mike

Did you check to see if that cat was breathing? It maybe exhausted from the heat. If you check your First-Aid kit you'll find a section in the manual that will show you how to give it mouth to mouth and bring it back around. But better check first to see how many lives it has left. I'll let you figure that out without my help. I got to go see if that might be my cat.

mike

Rob,

Have you ever considered expanding the menu at the "Road Kill Cafe" to include Chinese food?

post-2694-1235834344.jpg

Actually, I have ventured into the Chinese cuisine at The Road Kill Cafe but had to refrain from the feline varieties.

With much experimentation and love of labor expended to find a healthy balance of nutrition, and taste; No matter how much the respected chefs at my establishment tried to prepare any dish whether boiled, baked, fried, stewed, broiled, smoked, or sautéed containing cat meat, we could not find the balance. It seems with every variation to the recipe a sometimes overwhelming odor would emanate from the meat and permeate through the kitchen area.

Unable to conquer this dilemma, I therefore made the business decision to not offer this delicacy to my loyal patronizing customers as we have always offered only the freshest, and highest quality ingredients available roadside.

Like a street corner standing lady having a slow night: It is hard to sell stinky pussy.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Don't you remember when you were younger what you used to say............Once you get past the smell you got it licked.

mike :P

Never cared for the "gift that keeps on giving", so would never partake.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Actually, I have ventured into the Chinese cuisine at The Road Kill Cafe but had to refrain from the feline varieties.

With much experimentation and love of labor expended to find a healthy balance of nutrition, and taste; No matter how much the respected chefs at my establishment tried to prepare any dish whether boiled, baked, fried, stewed, broiled, smoked, or sautéed containing cat meat, we could not find the balance. It seems with every variation to the recipe a sometimes overwhelming odor would emanate from the meat and permeate through the kitchen area.

Unable to conquer this dilemma, I therefore made the business decision to not offer this delicacy to my loyal patronizing customers as we have always offered only the freshest, and highest quality ingredients available roadside.

Like a street corner standing lady having a slow night: It is hard to sell stinky pussy.

Rob

hmmm, I'm not a chef but I think i've found your problem-DO NOT cook the black one's with a white stripe on it's back, you can not season them enough to kill the smell. The one pictured would be fine.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

hmmm, I'm not a chef but I think i've found your problem-DO NOT cook the black one's with a white stripe on it's back, you can not season them enough to kill the smell. The one pictured would be fine.

They, actually, are quite delectable. Take a very minor amout of seasoning for perfection that does not need covered up with some type of sauce. If you can locate, process, then deep fry before the maggotts set up shop the resulting feast is worthy of rememberance.

Rob

They, actually, are quite delectable. Take a very minor amout of seasoning for perfection that does not need covered up with some type of sauce. If you can locate, process, then deep fry before the maggotts set up shop the resulting feast if worthy or rememberance.

Rob

to each his own-i'm sticking with the calicos.

to each his own-i'm sticking with the calicos.

First Wednesday of the month special; Calico Stew.

Rob

I would have picked this up for you but it was Monday and I lack adequate refrigeration to keep it all week. It would have been stinky before you even laid your fingers on it.

I certainly am appreciative of you thinking, and support of me.

Should you run across, (literally) any small animal this time of year, stop, strap it to the frame rails or undercarriage of the vehicle and proceed as normal for up to three full days. I have found that road salt is an excellent preservative. This is for fresh kill only please. The trick to a really good meal is to scrape, or pry from the roadway small animals when they are still plump and have not yet started to deflate, or flatten due to length of time since demise.

I can work with most anything but FedEx, and UPS are starting to get a little "standoffish" with deliveries as they don't want to leave the merchandise without my signature. I'm not always around, so it is a good idea to let me know a shipment is on it's way prior so I can be there to receive it timely.

Rob

I think I understand now what may be deemed acceptable to you. I have included a go/no go graphic for reference. The only other matter being paint residue. This may spoil the presentation to guests.

post-2694-1235960825.jpgpost-2694-1235960886.jpg

Yes, you are correct. Exploded possum has very little subsistence left to process as can be seen from the "no go" photo.

Environmentally friendly paint such as that our road crews spray is acceptable as the patented cleansing process all critters are put through removes it readily here at the Road Kill Cafe. I certainly wouldn't want anyone to take home more than they bargained for so we take this extra step.

Should all the good folks on the board elect to help by sending in their road impacts, I will offer a 10% discount on a multi course meal when they stop in. I am however strongly considering overnight frozen delivery service for national coverage.

Rob

Yes, you are correct. Exploded possum has very little subsistence left to process as can be seen from the "no go" photo.

Environmentally friendly paint such as that our road crews spray is acceptable as the patented cleansing process all critters are put through removes it readily here at the Road Kill Cafe. I certainly wouldn't want anyone to take home more than they bargained for so we take this extra step.

Should all the good folks on the board elect to help by sending in their road impacts, I will offer a 10% discount on a multi course meal when they stop in. I am however strongly considering overnight frozen delivery service for national coverage.

Rob

That reminds me of a story-completely true by the way. I picked up a load of structural steel at Montague-Betts in Lynchburg one time going to Boston. I threw my chains across the load and climbed up on top to make sure they were placed right, and saw a dead possum laying on a beam, already swelled up. I stopped up at the Tye River Truckstop and backed up to the edge of the parking lot and found a long stick. Then I climbed back on the trailer to get the possum off. However he fell down through a hole in the beam and landed on the beam below. So I proceeded to deliver him to Boston with the steel. That job was just a dropyard, we'd drop a load there and just get an empty trailer and go, but I wish I could have seen the iron workers reaction when they found that possum. A true possum story.

That reminds me of a story-completely true by the way. I picked up a load of structural steel at Montague-Betts in Lynchburg one time going to Boston. I threw my chains across the load and climbed up on top to make sure they were placed right, and saw a dead possum laying on a beam, already swelled up. I stopped up at the Tye River Truckstop and backed up to the edge of the parking lot and found a long stick. Then I climbed back on the trailer to get the possum off. However he fell down through a hole in the beam and landed on the beam below. So I proceeded to deliver him to Boston with the steel. That job was just a dropyard, we'd drop a load there and just get an empty trailer and go, but I wish I could have seen the iron workers reaction when they found that possum. A true possum story.

You sure he was dead? Those possums play pretty good. Maybe he didn't have bus fare for the trip to Boston.

Now other dog, you be careful throwing them chains. Here's some photos circulating 'round the internet email... It's a crying shame.

Scott

Steel cord in them tires didn't stand a chance...

and the smoking gun...

Now other dog, you be careful throwing them chains. Here's some photos circulating 'round the internet email... It's a crying shame.

Scott

Steel cord in them tires didn't stand a chance...

and the smoking gun...

wow!.. who was throwing those cables, Superman?

I think I understand now what may be deemed acceptable to you. I have included a go/no go graphic for reference. The only other matter being paint residue. This may spoil the presentation to guests.

post-2694-1235960825.jpgpost-2694-1235960886.jpg

Definately a go/no-go on that pic. The one on the right is no good cause all the juice is gone! How ya spose ta make gravy? My dad would say "If it tastes like chicken, you cooked it like chicken, then why not eat the damn chicken and leave the others for people who appreciate it!!"

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

I spotted this creature in my yard, but it got away before I could capture it. I think it was trying to sneak up on the grasshopper. If it comes back i'm gonna catch it and donate it to Rob's Roadkill Cafe. It'll be in the mail soon as I catch it.