I Have Returned

DWaits

Hey I am back,

Been gone from here for over a year and have just now found time to get back online and see how things have been, I still have the 48 S75 pumper and still trying to find a motor so progress has slowed down on it.

I got my CDL (class A with tanker and hazmat) and started driving for a local builders supply, I am having a blast with the trucks we have and I get to drive them all at sometime or another. I spend most days in a 2003 Pete dump but my favorite is the Mack, (duh) we also have two other Peterbilts .

The owner of the company has a cattle operation so on slow days I haul hay and corn glutin with the Mack and when I am at the yard I haul sand, gravel, mortor, pipe and lumber. We also have some loaders and lifts that I use everyday as well. Most days are local but I do get over to Birmingham and Aniston Alabama to pick up blocks and other material.

I have some pics to upload but I have to figure out how to get them from my phone to the laptop first, I cant wait to show yall all the new toys I have been playing with, well I have a ton of new post to read so I better get started.

Glad to be back!

David

1948 Mack Pumper

Hey I am back,

Been gone from here for over a year and have just now found time to get back online and see how things have been, I still have the 48 S75 pumper and still trying to find a motor so progress has slowed down on it.

I got my CDL (class A with tanker and hazmat) and started driving for a local builders supply, I am having a blast with the trucks we have and I get to drive them all at sometime or another. I spend most days in a 2003 Pete dump but my favorite is the Mack, (duh) we also have two other Peterbilts .

The owner of the company has a cattle operation so on slow days I haul hay and corn glutin with the Mack and when I am at the yard I haul sand, gravel, mortor, pipe and lumber. We also have some loaders and lifts that I use everyday as well. Most days are local but I do get over to Birmingham and Aniston Alabama to pick up blocks and other material.

I have some pics to upload but I have to figure out how to get them from my phone to the laptop first, I cant wait to show yall all the new toys I have been playing with, well I have a ton of new post to read so I better get started.

Glad to be back!

David

Glad to see you again.

Sorry you get stuck in a Pete.

Welcome back!!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I will say welcome back, even though I have joined in the past year. I would only say you may be a friend I haven't met yet.

I tried something new just last week that may help you transfer your pictures. Iwas able to E-mail pictures from my phone to my computer. Send them like a text message, only type in your E-mail address where you would otherwise type in a destination phone number. Sometimes even old Underdogs can learn new tricks!

Glad to hear you're doing well David. Sounds like the new job is fun(except the Pete driving part LOL!) Do you take a pillow with you so you can see over the steering wheel? I've heard those Pete seats are kinda low?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Hey I am back,

I got my CDL (class A with tanker and hazmat) and started driving for a local builders supply, I am having a blast with the trucks we have and I get to drive them all at sometime or another. I spend most days in a 2003 Pete dump-I really (really!) love this truck, but my favorite is the Mack, (duh) we also have two other Peterbilts, both fine pieces of equipment. .

Glad to be back!

David

:WELCOME: back!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Glad to hear you're doing well David. Sounds like the new job is fun (especially the Pete driving part LOL!) I've always wanted to drive a Pete, but i'm afraid Rob would find out and he'd never let me live it down! Do you take a pillow with you so you can see over the steering wheel? I've heard those Pete seats are kinda low?

I'd bet there's lots of folks who secretly wish they could drive a Peterbilt :lol:

(original post rearranged by other dog, A.K.A putting words in people's mouths B)-learned by watching Rob in action )

Nice job..............

I could see his lips moving..........but I couldn't hear a thing...............

sounds like "Comfortably Numb". , .*

*this reply may not be available in some parts of Illinois. Void where prohibited by law. See store for details

welcome back David.. was wondering where you went?

Thanks for the welcome back from all of Y'all!

After selling my business in 07 I took some time off and got caught up on somethings around my place, cleard some more land for pasture and got a lot of fishing done!

CDL school was also a lot of fun I made some new friends and learned some new things as well, after 10 weeks of school I did just a little bit more fishing then, I actually got tired of not having much to do (Well it was my wife actually)I was restricted to what was available to me locally. I lucked out and found a small builders supply yard that needed a full time driver and got hired on the spot. One thing they dont teach you in CDL school is how to strap and tarp loads! lucky for me I hardly ever have to use a tarp but straps and chains are some of my every day tools. I had some experiance with chains hauling my tractors around so the learning curve was not that sharp. I get to take the Mack CH out about twice a week, it also carries a Preston fork lift which is blast to operate! The seat in the Pete 330 is an air ride so seeing out over the dash is no problem<G>

The Mack has a Talladega wide ride seat which is really comfortably.

I have uploaded a few pics of the CH to my gallery and will try to get some of the Pete up latter, we are getting snow here today in the sunny south so I am going out to cut some doughnuts in snow with the golf cart.

Thanks again for the welcome back,

DW

1948 Mack Pumper

Hey David,

Can you holdup on the Peter Pictures, cause we got another Peter Mixer thats infected the site badly. It seems to blur the contents of this web-site and causes all of the Mack people here to want to go out to their garages including myself and smoke up their garages. .........LOL...... jist kidn........ the fishin sounds better to me.....right James.

mike :blink: