Cummins introduces "B6.7 Octane" Gasoline Engines

kscarbel2

If Stellantis / Fiat/ Dodge / Ram or whatever they are called these days had any sense they would just replace their mediocre Hemi with one of these as the gas engine option in their 2500s and up. They already have the exclusive agreement with Cummins for light duty diesels. From looking at the performance specs my guess is this thing would run circles around the 6.4 Hemi for towing and heavy duty pickup work and would probably be more efficient while doing it. The two major drawbacks I see for this as a base gas engine would be weight and cost. This thing is probably a few hundred pounds heavier than a Hemi v8  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 67RModel said:

If Stellantis / Fiat/ Dodge / Ram or whatever they are called these days had any sense they would just replace their mediocre Hemi with one of these as the gas engine option in their 2500s and up. They already have the exclusive agreement with Cummins for light duty diesels. From looking at the performance specs my guess is this thing would run circles around the 6.4 Hemi for towing and heavy duty pickup work and would probably be more efficient while doing it. The two major drawbacks I see for this as a base gas engine would be weight and cost. This thing is probably a few hundred pounds heavier than a Hemi v8  

Isn't "Mopar"-you forgot that handle😎 - about offer a turbo inline 6?  No clue on size-by the way-Ford should bring back their 300 six with a turbo.

The hurricane 6 is I think what it's called. Makes a lot of power but has some serious flaws from what I've heard.

I wonder if the Cummins will have direct gasoline injection with it being turbocharged and all. Direct injection wouldn't leave much room for a spark plug but how will it run much boost without knocking? I have my doubts about it being in pickups but with upcoming emissions maybe it will become a big thing.