Steering wheel Question

I've been pondering a Way to make the Inside of "THE GREEN HORNET " Look like an old school Mack. We tried the old school thirteen speed shifter knob but it won't hook up to the 4 air supply lines on the tranny. So I was thinking of maybe getting a old Mack Steering wheel and seeing if it would fit. Any thoughts or suggestions if an old Steering wheel would fit would be greatly appreciated. Now remember She's a 2016 Mack CHU613 PINNACLE for reference 

Would want to make sure the wheel has enough room

There isn't a huge amount of extra room on a R model 

However I have seen smaller diameter old style steering wheels so I think it could be done as long as there isn't push buttons and things built into the wheel you already have

Paul 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Would want to make sure the wheel has enough room

There isn't a huge amount of extra room on a R model 

However I have seen smaller diameter old style steering wheels so I think it could be done as long as there isn't push buttons and things built into the wheel you already have

Paul 

Good deal. I'm not sure on the diameter of an older Mack steering wheel but I think the one on the truck now is 20-22 inches I believe 

4 hours ago, D-Day said:

Also it would be a good idea to pull the wheel off and measure the splined shaft older columns were 1 1/8” splines newer shaft splines dropped to 1” not sure about 2016 

Rainey’s will sell you retro wheels according to your year and model