Western Australia Mack Muster

13 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

I always found the Australian Macks some what mind boggling. USA had the basic eastern R's;U's and so on vs the USA  westerns which were besides high HP more "decorative" . the Australian  Macks were /are set up so different for practical operations . the twin air intake, front cow guards, are  made for pulling the freight trains. a positive in a number of ways. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

I always found the Australian Macks some what mind boggling. USA had the basic eastern R's;U's and so on vs the USA  westerns which were besides high HP more "decorative" . the Australian  Macks were /are set up so different for practical operations . the twin air intake, front cow guards, are  made for pulling the freight trains. a positive in a number of ways. 

Maybe only smaller Jap trucks that are standard run of the mill type of deals

Heavy trucks in Australia are pretty much all custom built, even bog stock plane jane white trucks are pretty much custom built 

I think the numbers sold in Australia by world standards are tiny, but what we want is so specialized it has to be this way 

Paul 

• Like 1
  • Like 1