Possible Purchase, 64 Mack B67

Wolfsvain

Hello all,

New here and I guess to forums in general, I haven't really used forums all that much over the years. But anways like the title says I have a possible purchase of a 64 Mack B67, I have always wanted a B series but with other projects and life never got around to it not to mention not having any local enough to purchase and restore. I found this one and from the pictures it looks rough but doable, in person however that's different. Figured before I do it I'd reach out for advice. Some facts about the truck the owner wants $6500 for it and the trailer, it does not run and has the thermodyne diesel. Also it has no title, body wise you can poke holes in the back of the cab there are holes just about everywhere and no floor pan aside from the driver side under the seat and pedals.

Advice and thoughts I'd like on it are. How hard if not impossible would it be to get a title for this truck due to the fact that I did not find any visible numbers or information on it? What price should I try and go for if I can get a title for it, excluding the trailer will try and talk him out of that. I was thinking 1000 or 1500? The title or lack there of is my main concern, I thought about trying to get this on for as low as possible and eventually getting a better one with a title and putting the two together, anways any helpful comments or thoughts is most appreciated.

20230906_1856122.thumb.jpg.0d61a19d5ba66cd581810e64529407fe.jpg16166.thumb.jpeg.3887ca2322ceac281926cb95a8f4c9a4.jpeg

• Like 2

No title hurts it some states you can get titles with old registration cards or death certificate it should have a vin on the frame and a tag on the right door if you could get a paper title you can find new door tags that are unstamped it’s a short nose truck and concave cab so not much room to drive or work on it it looks like the front fenders are welded to everything else it has split rims and tube type tires that’s a big expense in it self to get tubeless rims and tires does it run and drive? I guess it depends on how big your budget is how good you are at fabrication and how bad you want it I would look at Craig’s list and marketplace to see what else is out there in my opinion it seems steep for something with no title and think of how much to transport it home .. good luck I’m sure some other fellas can help you on here too .

• Like 1

If your going to be a bear be a grizzly

Yeah I checked the cab door the tag is unreadable, though I don't know about the frame. The short nose and concave cab don't bother me honestly. I can get it home IF the guy will sell it without the trailer, but I agree on the prices he's asking it's to high.

What are your thoughts on maybe $1000-1500 for it and use it as a donor for another when I fined one? Would that be an appropriate price range.

could be a "diamond in the rough" . defiantly a lot of $$$$$. how far away from your resto location is one factor??? combo unit to haul alone will be $$ . basically as stated  asking price way tooo high for what it appears to be. priced better it could be a training model for you to work with hoping for another unit , it can possibly turn out to be a parts truck for second unit. make a heck of a lawn art  to some .

I know of another B67 Concave cab truck in the Western Virginia (Blacksburg) area that is for sale if you end up needing another one for body parts. My recollection is its in better shape than what you describe this one is in. Unless you know the condition of the engine as to why its not running $6500 is sky high. Even with a good running thermodyne 6500 is sky high even with the trailer. The trailer honestly has less than scrap value in my opinion. Even if someone is looking for a period correct fuel trailer its just not very valuable. There are lots of them around. Quite honestly without a title, unknown engine condition, and rotten cab and body panels that truck is scrap value as well. Probably about $900 - $1200 depending on weight. I'm guessing if you offer that you will get showed a gun to your face if he thinks its worth 6500. 😅

• Like 1

Okay that works for me price wise if I can get him to agree and try not to sale the trailer to me also. As far as ik the gun option might or might not be on the table haha, his dog's though are a definite possibility.

He has an old mack firetruck for sale also with an old restoration, it's nice runs and drives not sure the motor in it but it looks like a flattop 6. Not my cup of tea but it is nice I'll admit I think he wants somewhere around 33,000 for it I can't remember.

67RModel if you wouldn't mind posting a link or something so I can see the one you mentioned it'd be much appreciated.