END711 Woodward governor oil filter

SuperB

I think my '65 B61 might have had a governor oil supply filter on it at some point. I believe the 2 oil lines that are still on my truck were for that, but they're just connected together now near the intake manifold. Does anyone have any info on these filters? Is it a good idea to use them even if the truck isn't used every day anymore? The part numbers I have for bracket and filter are 142GB285 and 485GB356. Are photos of these parts available anywhere? Thanks a lot for any help 

Idk about Woodward governors on Mack’s, but the Woodward governors used on 2 stroke Detroit’s had a filter housing that was just a reservoir for oil supply for faster starts, no filter inside. 
I honestly didn’t notice a difference. Mostly seen on gen sets.

I haven't seen one of those in :????? yrs. they all  (98%) had the 1/8th in plugs installed to by pass  the systems. another one of those posts that wake up the dormant brain cells , yet can picture the parts but can't remember  everything. 

On 8/3/2023 at 10:04 PM, Brian L Blaylock said:

I have an old B61 with one of those governors 

Brian,  would you be able to post a picture or 2 of the throttle linkage and spring configuration on your truck? Also, does yours have an oil filter on it for the governor?