R Model AC Options

Trying to plan what im going to do with the AC on my 84 R686. My evaporator is bad, heater core leaks, fan is loud, plastic is cracked etc. I was leaning towards the red dot 8820 upgrade, no longer available. I do have a RB parts cab with the newer system, i think its the same as the 8820. Thought about putting that in? 

there is a unit that mounts under the right seat, and the cooling fan and condensor mounts on the frame rail. I t uses the A/C compressor on the engine...  I have seen 3 of these in service. they work good but  it blows on you from under the seat, so a small dash mounted fan ( just like any R model) does help..  I'm sorry that I dont have a picture of the Data Plate for one of them.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 880joe said:

I see no reason that the unit from your RB parts cab wouldn't fit right in your cab. Also you wouldn't happen to have the hood from your RB parts truck?

Unfortunately i dont have the hood. Guy that gave me the cab tried to give the hood away for five years and couldnt and threw it away about two months ago. It wasnt in great shape. Thanks for your response

• Sad 1

another sign of : gone are the good days of trucking. the old B-model 2/45 systems worked best ::  open the two(2) vent windows  and bring up the speed to forty five(45). want better ac go faster...  (all afternoon for brakes on 2020 subaru =i'm shi- housed right now) good nite

I have (2) 2/45 A/C systems, no wait...  (3)..  of them... I do have 6 small trucks on the road..  No... My Wifes A/C is always working,  Mine however,,,,    well,,, you know..  :) 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

another sign of : gone are the good days of trucking. the old B-model 2/45 systems worked best ::  open the two(2) vent windows  and bring up the speed to forty five(45). want better ac go faster...  (all afternoon for brakes on 2020 subaru =i'm shi- housed right now) good nite

Fair. I still need a defrost and heat would be wonderful as well

• Like 1

I bought a red dot under the dash thingy for my truck a few years ago

Imported from the States

Princess has no idea how much I spent and it will probably stay that way until Im planted

Anyway after getting this marvelous bit of gear I have to chop it apart to make for RHD instead of LHD

Should of just flipped the photo on the order form

So god only knows when that might happen

Apparently they are good units, will let you know in the next decade or two

Paul

• Haha 2