New Peterbilt 589

Bullheaded

Just saw this today. The new wide cab Pete. As much as I was never a Pete fan, and I didn't mind small cabs, I think this is about the nicest of all the new design trucks out today.

They did everything right here, unlike Kenworth's W990 abortion.

Long ALUMINUM hood, EXTERNAL BREATHERS, and all the old styling but with the big plastic cab all the new generation wants. LOL

• Like 1

Do you know I grow up with Macks and brockways East Coast move to California in 1980 and I never really cared for the peterbuilt at all until I was out of here about 30 years finally they grew on me I do like them now… yes I like that new model but I do like the 379 better although as I mentioned, I do like that new design and yes they have Kenworth beat by a mile. It looks like the same cab  as I have on my 57.9 Pete   thanks for the post… Bob

IMG_0201.jpeg

42 minutes ago, BOBWhite said:

Those Paccar (DAF) engines sure are quiet. Saw a guy on YouTube take one all the way down and I'm not too impressed with stuff like plastic oil pans among other things. 

The plastic oil pan isn't a bad idea. At least not here where I live.  FYI  that one and done plug in the bottom of it ??  that's the place to drain it.  If someone gets the bright idea to drain it out the threaded plug in the side of the plastic pan while it's hot..... DON'T    ( ask me how I know )   😂   MX isn't a bad engine and in some ways reminds me of maybe something like where a grey engine might have been by now.    The support on the MX is actually worse than the support on a grey engine now in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2023 at 3:02 PM, BOBWhite said:

Those Paccar (DAF) engines sure are quiet. Saw a guy on YouTube take one all the way down and I'm not too impressed with stuff like plastic oil pans among other things. 

It wasn’t until recently I really noticed you really can’t hear any of these truck engines anymore taking off they’re just all really quiet.. Bob 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2023 at 3:25 PM, mowerman said:

It wasn’t until recently I really noticed you really can’t hear any of these truck engines anymore taking off they’re just all really quiet.. Bob 

Most of the engines are fairly quiet these days ! Detroit 60 is quiet as well !  Exception being the x15 in my opinion sounds like it may fly apart at any moment when taking off from a stop loaded! thought it was a one of thing, but they all sound like this  Very curious why! May be a compressor sound or fuel sound duno! 

• Like 1

Yes, I didn’t even really notice that till recently. We do our swapping at a pilot truckstop and it’s uphill  to drive out of there. I watch  trucks pulling out all the time. Can’t really hear any of their engines.