carrier bearing question

Working on my B62 that has a long frame so the driveshaft has a hanger/carrier bearing. It looks original with a plate that bolts to the crossmember,two legs that extended down to a housing that pivots and the bearing is pressed into the housing. Anyone had any luck rebuilding theirs and if so what parts #s did you use? There are two seals and the bearing. Thanks

Do you have anything like this overthere?

Honestly I thought the talk was about a bearing in a carrier (in a diff). IDK why differential housings are called carriers but there seems to be a reason though. The particular thread be better called a prop shaft hanger bearing on my mind.

April.2018 139.jpg

• Haha 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Here are some pictures of my DRIVESHAFT hanger/carrier bearing from my B62. The B's ceased production in 1966 so this is an old style set up. The flat plate bolts to the flat face of the crossmember,two legs hang down,the two seals and bearing are in the cast housing. The spline of the driveshaft goes thru the bearing and is held in place with a nut and cotter pin. Just wondering if anybody had seal and bearing #"s to rebuild this setup.

bearing 1..jpg

bearing 2..jpg

• Like 1

Just as a side note. I know the bearings and seals have #'s on them. The # on the seal doesn't cross reference over to anything and as of now this part is still useable and I don't want to destroy anything trying to take it apart to get to the bearing #"s

You caught me mid sentence and had to rewrite my post.  The only other way would be go by size.  You would have to press it apart.  They may make a similar bearing and seal but not to whatever specs the original was.  Maybe better?

Vlad, thats the tough part.  On this side of the big river a "carrier bearing" is the proper term.   

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

You're very welcome. And yes, Mack still uses a similar arrangement for a flexible driveshaft on the longer wheelbase trucks. I've only seen the driveshaft before install but I think it telescopes to allow for movement of the axles. But I know I've seen something similar albeit uncommon. Good luck on the parts search.

Judging by the drawing posted above the bearing is of a simple style ball bearing of the same OD as the seals. It may be measured without disturbing the seals and the same to its ID and width.

Mine (on the pic I posted) had double raw ball bearing which could rotate in its outer race when the shaft bounces relating to the horizont.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012