V8 Theropy

fjh

Sorry to hear about your mom, 93 is a damn good age. Hopefully she pulls through. Really enjoyed the story of the doctor coming in to save the old dog. Must be pretty rewarding when you get called in to figure something out no one else can….especially when the shop forman says “hold on I know of a guy”

• Like 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, fjh said:

Yup at 93 Moms had a good run !Her mind has slipped bad and now the body is starting to fail! I kind of wish that she could have a compressor failure  like the super dog !  Just quit! The state she is in right now is not good she's not suffering too bad But Its Not A nice thing to watch! Difference is the super dog will live to run another day ! She will not Physically! She will move on to what ever happens next! She is not eating but two table spoons per meal she is drinking water but that's it !  If you had a pet that was in her condition you would put it out of its misery! By what ever means ! Unfortunately that's not how  we were raised and Her Lutheran back ground  is solid!

We went through the same thing with my grandma last year. Whenever we'd visit and she'd forgot who her grandchildren and children were and even be scared of them it was the same feeling. This form and others help keep my mind off the morbid stuff. 

Lost my mother last May at 93.  She was failing for about the last 3 yrs.  Assisted living, then nursing home for the last few months.  It was a horrible thing to watch.  We laughed too about how she would cuss like a drunken sailor sometimes..... we'd say "yup, she's still like her old self!".  She was a tough cookie, thus where I get my attitude sometimes.

FJH , love the ol Dog.  Gives you great satisfaction to be able to make the young ones scratch their head when they can't just "plug it in"!

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

4 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Lost my mother last May at 93.  She was failing for about the last 3 yrs.  Assisted living, then nursing home for the last few months.  It was a horrible thing to watch.  We laughed too about how she would cuss like a drunken sailor sometimes..... we'd say "yup, she's still like her old self!".  She was a tough cookie, thus where I get my attitude sometimes.

FJH , love the ol Dog.  Gives you great satisfaction to be able to make the young ones scratch their head when they can't just "plug it in"!

Well bro it’s kinda visa/versa on that statement! Iffin I had the brain capability I would have learned that shit also so my hats off to them guys for leaning that stuff! That said if you don’t have the mechanical end your kind of screwed just knowing the computer end! I had only removed a power tower once this way to re bush it! Never had a failure that put it a 1/4 turn out of time before! Spent a half hour primeing and checking lines and shit before checking the timing after finding the chip in the pump drive gear! Oh well! As for the mom situation it is that same issue with the hospital the backend doesn’t know front end is doing! It’s the same game as working on stuff get a good doctor making the right calls  you get a decent result if not your

S -O-L

• Like 2

On 1/20/2023 at 9:16 AM, Onyx610 said:

Awesome!! Nice truck too. Love the pics, thanks for sharing. 

Yup you bet its a sweetie! Got it back up and running yesterday seems to be all healed up I may tweek the timing a little in the coming weeks It is a little to smokey on startup when its cold for my liking ! spec was 17 on this I may bump to 20 just cause! we will see want him to go pull some weight with it before I make the call on this! 

So therapy is over for awhile for me it was fun while it lasted ! Mean while Mom got the Norwalk virus so Now she's in isolation with three other lady's in the same room shes worse off now than  she went in in some ways! Un fortunately that's how it goes when your in an over crowded hospital! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2023 at 9:47 AM, BOBWhite said:

X15 might just be the last great motor there is. I haven't read about too many major problems and it seems like the emission systems finally figured out. I truck with that motor is a great investment. 

Bob you may be right  about the x15 However Every time I hear one of these take off from a stop it sounds like they are coming apart under the hood! They sound ugly to me ! Don't know what it is some sort of fuel knock or something! I'm not a huge Cummins Fan having had to deal with there political jargon if your running one of there engines and there is and issue with it! We had a few Cummins powered trucks and if you don't have a Cummins trained Dude on staff For that particular engine  to bandaid the thing your likely to get stiffed  if you got a warranty concern! 

So the  Mom is scheduled to come out of the Mash unit this week Maybe and straight to a care home if she don't catch another disease be for she gets there! here's for hoping! 

• Like 1