I am trying to get a 1962 B61 single axle tractor and lowboy trailer home. Its about 300 miles and MAY not have trouble driving it but the truck has set for about 8 years so I'm think more of hauling it. How much would a B61 single axle tractor weigh? The trailer is a dynaweld lowboy tandem axle. It has set as well for 8 years. I'm going from north of Ft Wayne IN to Elizabeth IN, about 300 miles. I am looking for weights of each or if any one has an empty trailer headed south.

Thanks,

Doug Thomas

To My way of Thinking you're going to have to make 2 Loads out of that..!

It Looks far Too long to fit on a Flat Top Trailer, & if you load the Truck on the Lowboy then load that on a Flat Top, you will be (I think) Too High..!!

Also what are the Loading Unloading facilities at either end Like.??

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

I was going to say since its a single axle not too much weight there. Truck will weight 12,000 pounds max but probably less. Only thing to look at on trailer is the tires and hub oil. If the tires are not overly dry rotted and weather checked I would load the B61 on it and pull it home with a truck you know will make the trip. With 8 tires on the trailer and a relatively light load I wouldn't loose much if any sleep over using the trailer to haul the truck as is. If you drive the B61 straight onto the trailer most of the weight will be on your towing trucks 5th wheel anyway.

• Like 2

67RModel’s plan sounds like the simplest. If you pulled the B right  up to the trailer neck , the lowboy axles would not have much more weight then hauling a pickup truck.  But I have bought a couple of trucks I have driven home that distance. Like Brian said, check it over, change the fuel filters ( take a couple spare fuel filters ) the tires on my LT are tube type , put on in 1973 , I run about 60 lbs in them ( wouldn’t ever haul a load) .  Pick a nice day and Make some great Memories.