R.G.Smith Equip. Co. Des Plaines,IL.

They owned the 1961 B61 at one time,that I bought last August.They appear to be out of business,phone is disconnected.I was looking for any info/history on my truck,wondering if anyone here knew this company. I`m waiting on my info from the Mack museum.Thanks.

as i understand it They were a long time finisher for mack customers. almost all the macks i drove here in Northern Chicagoland had a yellow sticker near the door vin tag with thier name and the specs of the truck after leaving their shop.

they did the installs of 5th wheels, pto, dump bodies, garbage truck accessories etc....

im not sure why they went under as they did good work. i use to buy all my pto parts from them. the guys were always knowledgeable and prices were fair

16 hours ago, Lmackattack said:

as i understand it They were a long time finisher for mack customers. almost all the macks i drove here in Northern Chicagoland had a yellow sticker near the door vin tag with thier name and the specs of the truck after leaving their shop.

they did the installs of 5th wheels, pto, dump bodies, garbage truck accessories etc....

im not sure why they went under as they did good work. i use to buy all my pto parts from them. the guys were always knowledgeable and prices were fair

I would say the mud flaps came with what ever install they performed??

Brocky

4 hours ago, Brocky said:

I would say the mud flaps came with what ever install they performed??

Possibly but im not 100% sure. they likely sold them if a customer requested mud flaps for the truck when it was finished.

my dads 77' mack went thru RG smith for the fith wheel install but it had no flaps installed