Our 2 dogs/Rare mid roof and a set forward axle ch

brettj3876

On 11/28/2022 at 7:38 PM, Mark T said:

How is it I've never seen that red and white one ?.  I see the other one quite a bit.

Unlucky I guess Lol. We've had that one for almost 4 years now. We took it out of service in May to do the trans, rear main and clutch and a few other odds and ends. 

I think I've seen that black CL in your avatar.

Edited by brettj3876

On 11/28/2022 at 8:58 PM, Onyx610 said:

Let’s see under the hood!

In the process of replacing 4,5,6 injection lines with PAI ones since these new Volvo shitty lines crack every few months. 

I'll take some better pics tomorrow when it's light out. Used a cable and the stock pedal after getting rid of the electronics 

PXL_20221203_033257084.jpg

PXL_20221203_033426427.jpg

PXL_20221203_032835722.jpg

PXL_20221203_032921091.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Onyx610 said:

Nice work, I bet that bitch runs 

It does but the electronic pump flowed more fuel believe it or not. Has slightly less ass than before but we're going to have another pump built. The guy that put together this pump has a core were gonna buy and build one that flows just a tad more, that's all I'll say for now. 

Factory had 16.9:1 pistons and now it has 15.3:1 (that's what the 650 marine engines run) If you ran the high comp 16.9 or 16.5 I don't think it would live very long if you weren't careful. This right now is setup so you can have your foot to the floor and pyro won't go above 950 down around 1350-1400rpm. You really have to work it for the water temp to get to 200. Has a 170 T-stat  

We pull vans around Pa NY NJ home every day 

Edited by brettj3876
  • Like 1

Nope you’d have the pyro gauge spinning in circles if you had that big compression with serious fuel and bigger turbo.  That’s amazing you can keep the egt under 1k. Also you’re up in the mountains so that plays a big role in your temps and power too. Are those temps loaded or unloaded? Is there anyway to put something like an air dog or fass 200gph electric fuel pump to feed the injection pump on these?

31 minutes ago, Onyx610 said:

Nope you’d have the pyro gauge spinning in circles if you had that big compression with serious fuel and bigger turbo.  That’s amazing you can keep the egt under 1k. Also you’re up in the mountains so that plays a big role in your temps and power too. Are those temps loaded or unloaded? Is there anyway to put something like an air dog or fass 200gph electric fuel pump to feed the injection pump on these?

Temps are loaded. Fan comes on at 195 I believe but I always turn it on at the bottom of a hill. On a really hot summer day it might see 205-210 for a few minutes 

No a FASS won't do anything, the pump is maxed out and you can't get anymore without opening it up and swapping in different barrels/plungers.

Bigger turbo moving more air so less EGT. Timing also plays a role. Advanced will be lower EGT but higher cylinder pressure/temp. Retarded is higher EGT and more boost because it's dumping fuel in later closer to TDC before it fires. 

• Like 1

I’m well aware how it works, just saying I understand why you guys knocked the compression down. At the same time too more air with more fuel becomes a blow torch to the pistons and exhaust valves. You got any vids?

29 minutes ago, Onyx610 said:

I’m well aware how it works, just saying I understand why you guys knocked the compression down. At the same time too more air with more fuel becomes a blow torch to the pistons and exhaust valves. You got any vids?

I'll have to find the vid I've got one cracking the throttle a few times right after the conversion. It does start a little bit harder with the fixed timing but not that noticable until it reaches about 10 degrees outside. No place to plug in down at the yard.