Tip turbine in B-61

I am going to be running an E-6 350 with tip turbine in my B-61. My plan WAS to run twin air cleaners and use the left one to feed the tip turbine and the right one for the engine as usual. However, I have been thinking that maybe I should make a Y pipe and feed the engine from both air cleaners instead for more air flow. Also, drawing air through a B61 air cleaner would be somewhat restrictive as the piping from the air cleaner is a LOT smaller than that going into the tip turbine. If I do this, then I have to figure where to draw air for the CAC. The easiest would be a small hood scoop like is found on some R models but fear that might look goofy on a B 61. I could just let it draw from under the hood but, of course it would lose efficiency drawing warm, under hood air. There is limited room for much in the way of piping to the turbine. Perhaps best to just stay with plan A and pull the air for the CAC through the left air cleaner. Don't understand why I would need to filter the air going through the tip turbine but it is my understanding that the trucks that came With this DID pull the air through a filter. How have others pulled air through the tip turbine when installed in a B  model?

The turbine is a fairly fine bit of machinery and I guess due to that the air needs to be clean to provide a long life 

Also what about the air leaving the intercooler 

If air flows in it also has to flow out

Australian R models have a grill under the front LHS guard were the intercooler is mounted to let the air out

Paul 

Paul makes an interesting point. Tip fan needs some kinda filter. In this day and age maybe there's some kind of filter from K & N or one of those that's friendly to modifying for something like that.  A cool power in a B ?  What about air in air out somehow on the fillers between the hood and fenders 🤔

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

The turbine is a fairly fine bit of machinery and I guess due to that the air needs to be clean to provide a long life 

Also what about the air leaving the intercooler 

If air flows in it also has to flow out

Australian R models have a grill under the front LHS guard were the intercooler is mounted to let the air out

Paul 

I suppose that dusty conditions could be hard on the fan bearings. I was not thinking of the fan but, rather, the heat exchanger. As far as "air out", I  am not following where there could be an issue or what specifically one should be considering. To my way of thinking, the air can just "exhaust" under the hood. I  doubt that the air would be hot enough to cause any issues when it exits the heat exchanger. I don't know, hadn't given that any thought. 

This truck did have shutters till i installed a 285 engine and the cooler tubes go thru the headlight panels and connect to the larger air cleaner and to the intake.This was a single axle truck that i installed a box on the back and made a camper for hunting.It was some spared parts i had.I installed a eaton ten speed and a three speed behind it for more speed.

• Like 1

glenn akers