Pulling injectors on a 673

Craig N
Go to solution Solved by theakerstwo,

I found this on E-Bay..  It was cheap, and it is a bit hard to read because it looks like photo copies of photo copies..  However, it also looks like the real book..  I think I paid $25 for it. and I received a book, not a download.. I gues I am assuming you dont have the books you need.  Jojo

image.jpeg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

I found this on E-Bay..  It was cheap, and it is a bit hard to read because it looks like photo copies of photo copies..  However, it also looks like the real book..  I think I paid $25 for it. and I received a book, not a download.. I gues I am assuming you dont have the books you need.  Jojo

image.jpeg

The manual I bought off of eBay isn’t complete. It only covers the fuel system. Must’ve been a big stack of books for these, because my manuals over 100 pages ha. Yeah, I need some books for sure. 

Got a cheap oil pressure gauge working for now at least. I was rummaging though my Mack parts that came with the truck. I have all sorts of small, interior stuff that came with this. Anyone have any idea what some of these are for?  Thought the B 422 emblem was cool.IMG_7432.thumb.jpeg.aad3649c48a29231f7569ba85377597e.jpegIMG_7434.thumb.jpeg.cb7536b78eb447fa0297ceae528e56f7.jpegIMG_7430.thumb.jpeg.8f46bfbac15e151424260923be002b72.jpegIMG_7435.thumb.jpeg.5d88088daf3df97c24cfe123a1e41aaf.jpeg

Edited by Craig N
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mean Green said:

Square plate covers the door hinges on the inside of the door oval cover is on cab above the door third is wher bulldog stands on grille

Oh yeah, I see it now. They replaced the green bulldog bracket for a chrome one. Thanks for that info!!  I’ll cover up the door hinges with them. 

Bob, The wheel seals are readily available..  I cant remember the number, but Stemco has a good one piece rubberized seal, that is easy to install without a special driver.  

• Like 2

So, I’m gonna tackle the rear inner wheel seal soon. I’m gonna pull the wheels, then, I’m gonna pull the spider, right?  Then I can slide the drum off?  Just making sure I have a decent plan before I go ahead.

Also, how do I get grease into these front wheel bearings?  This is the old grease cap, right?  Do these covers unscrew?IMG_7507.thumb.jpeg.427aa3db37c090500d0d0e78be80c816.jpeg

Anyone going to the truck show in Bolton, MA this weekend?

Edited by Craig N

Remove the hub cap remove the nut and outer bearing then Dayton wheel and drum will come off as one piece inner bearing and seal will be in the back side of the wheel assembly you removed . You don’t have to remove the spider that’s what holds the shoes to the spindle 

• Like 2

If your going to be a bear be a grizzly