AI-460 cutting out

SLEDOG
Go to solution Solved by Joey Mack,

Onyx and sledog,  look at the picture of the flywheel..  the single paint mark is where the 45 degree hash mark is..  where the 2 paint marks are, is the 2 half cut teeth for the sensor to pick up....  if the 45 degree mark is NOT 23 teeth from the first tooth that comes around when barring the engine, the ring gear has slipped..   just saying..   :) 

ok,,  I was lost for a minute..  the marks didnt matter for the job you did, and for a valve adjustment they dont matter... I was posting reference points to check ring gear position..   

• Like 1

you pull the sensor out and barr the engine around till you see the marks,,   you can pull the valve adjustment cover to clean the edge of the flywheel with emory cloth to expose the marks and use a paint pen to mark the tooth for an easy visual, through the sensor hole..   

Joey 

They must have had the flywheel off because I had them put a new main seal on while they were in there since old one was leaking.

so you are saying the flywheel was not indexed when they re-installed it possibly?

This may be an issue I have to take up with shop then….

If it does need indexing I’ll call the shop and see if they actually did that or not.

I don’t have that special socket to bar it over anyway…

sledog