AI-460 cutting out

SLEDOG
Go to solution Solved by Joey Mack,

Joey…Ok put new sensor in and still shuts down when I pull cam sensor….

is there a way to see if new sensor is picking up teeth on flywheel ?

and I recently had new aftermarket flywheel  housing installed ( Mack had part on Bo).looking in the hole the teeth only cover half …is that ok?

I have 2mm clearance between teeth and end of sensor 

ok,  im going out on a limb...  is the sensor hole in the same spot?  here is a way to check the ring gear position with it all together..  ..... there are 2 half teeth that the sensor reads. if the ring gear is in the right position, those half teeth will be number 23+ 24,  counting from the tooth that is at the 45 degree mark on the flywheel. start counting on that tooth,  mark it with paint.  set the 45 degree mark in the center of the sensor hole, then bar the engine over ( flywheel) will turn clockwise) count the teeth as you go.  when yo see the first half tooth, your count should be at 23..  I hope i was clear enough..  jojo

KIMG1351.JPG

KIMG1352.JPG

Edited by Joey Mack
more content needed
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SLEDOG said:

Wow that’s a lot…so the ring gear might be on the flywheel wrong? Or slipped? 

how do I know where the 45 degree mark is?

You and I are about to both learn something….fjh is here, he will lead the class haha

Like I said... going out on a limb..  there was an issue with flywheel housing and or flywheel..  Im giving you some free tests to do, to ensure it is not something that would be missed, even though it is a far off possibility..  Most guys start throwing 'Laptop reccomended' parts at it spending thousands of dollars for nothing..  I laid out a simple check that can be done in an hour..  then if its good, you rule it out and move to another test..   as far ass the hash marks,,, have you ever seen the edge of an e-tech flywheel?  or done a proper valve adjustment?  

Buddy,  I aint there, so I am trying my best to understand his posts,  and there was more added to the posting, so then I start asking more questions, or think of crazy ideas...  besides, it is running on the cam sensor only, so there is where Im at..  we'll get it, The team will get this fixed for him..   as far as the degree marks,,,, they start at '0' and go to 45 degree's..  its on the same edge that the valve adjustment marks are...right before 1&6 marking..  '0' is true TDC...  jojo