235 Swap

Full Floater

this is the BEST NEWS  of the week-end and before. GO BUY THOSE LOTTERY TICKETS!!! LOL almost didn't log on tonight !!! dam glad I did. no road call from CT to sloan , BC< hope the picture shows springs AFTER removal not as they were while installed 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

this is the BEST NEWS  of the week-end and before. GO BUY THOSE LOTTERY TICKETS!!! LOL almost didn't log on tonight !!! dam glad I did. no road call from CT to sloan , BC< hope the picture shows springs AFTER removal not as they were while installed 

HAHAHA, yup thats a pic of a spring AFTER removal!  The other two springs were harder to get to and are not recognizable anymore, therefore. no pics of those two!

• Thanks 1

A proactive question for the future:

Since I probably put the equivalent of several years of wear on the clutch brake as I was trying to free up and figure out this clutch issue; I anticipate having to replace it at some point earlier then I otherwise would.  It is a 2 piece. 

Can I remove the release fork to aid in access to the brake? It appears that I can remove the release fork from the cross shaft, by unbolting and sliding the cross shafts out, freeing up the release fork.    Am I right?

20230617_112021.jpg

I'm gunna say no and am probably wrong with this one

The ones I have worked on and had apart have what I call a woodruff key, you blokes probably call them something different, anyway a half moon key that drops in the shaft

There is enough clearance on the outside of the fork to pull the key before it goes through the bronze bush in the bell housing 

The shaft has to travel inwards to remove the key, some pesky bugger put a input shaft in the way 

This is why they make a two piece clutch brake now days

Blokes on here have dropped the old one off with a gas axe and then put the new one in

I have never tried as I dont drive in traffic much and I find that even when I am in stop go traffic it isn't really needed, I reckon I can feel tthe gears in my hand and just plop it in at the right time with out much noise

But to answer your question, as far as I'm aware it's a no go

Paul 

• Like 1

Don't lossen the fork..  you can put half of the clutch brake in place, and hold it with a long skinny screw driver, and have a helper lightly press the clutch to hold it, while you get the second half ready, and push it in place..  I use a really long extension with the Allen socket and a turning knob. To start the screws..  

• Like 2