photo test

jdazimuth

• 2 weeks later...

thats cool,  N.Y. City used to put plows on their MR trash trucks..  MR's Kick A$$.. jojo

Edited by Joey Mack
T.J.C. Corrected me. :)

Mu yawk has not used MR's in a long time.

I forget the manufacturer they have been using the past 15-20 years, but the trucks are "mid engine".

Engine is mounted sideways behind the cab high above the frame.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

• 1 month later...

I wanted a a bigger dump truck for my construction buisness.  Everything in my price range was very well worn.  I Bought this truck from a junkyard in NH in 2006, It was a Derry NH fire truck with 32K miles and in great shape.  Scrap $ from the pump and body paid for the dump and plow.  It's been making me money since.  Best truck I have ever owned.     

• Like 1

But,but,but,but, Don't you freeze your azzz off with that useless MB heater?!! Ask me l know, having to wear a snowmobile suit and boots in my first ('74) MB! Even had a Canadian winter front made for it, still froze!! 🥶 LOL!  The Mack sales brochure (No. 1A-27-1) says it has a "20,000 BTU heater provides fresh or recirculating warm air". Warm (Not hot) is the key word here.🤧   .....Hippy   

back in 88 i got a new R-68 with AC. asked the mack dealer why it had ac and he told me any class 8 truck built after Jan 1 88 had to have AC. 

i don't know if he was pulling my leg or not, but every truck we got after that had AC. the 87 and older trucks usually did not have AC

yea, i remember those kysor rooftop units. 

ran  72 autocar, a 68 or 69 freightshaker cabover, and a 65 brockway with them. 

as you said, when they worked, it was like being in a meat locker. even in those old wrecks that had more holes in them than insulation!!!

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...