Boost Q

Sounds fine but I would think any oil from the compressor should be getting sucked into the compressor and it would be before the turbo no after it

Just wondering what can cause oil to collect in the inlet manifold, if it was a petrol car it would be coming from the rocker cover EGR valve but I have never seen anything like this on one of these motors

Makes me wonder if something else is going on for the oil to be there

Was any oil in the charge cooler pipes ?

Perhaps the oil is from elsewhere,  but where 

Paul

CAC pipes were clean. This engine does consume oil and has a fair amount of blow by from draft tube. Sometimes it uses a significant amount and other times it uses next to none given the same amount of use. A few times the oil has dripped out the exhaust side of the turbo, what some refer to as “wet stacking”. I took turbo to turbo shop they said it was fine. Looking into exhaust ports seemed a bit damp in there. I am starting to suspect worn valve guides or bad valve seals. Sometimes truck exhaust has a blue haze other times it burns clean. One of the heads has a Remack sticker not sure if other one was replaced or not. Prob should have the heads looked at. 

valve guides and seals sounds good, along worn rings and cylinders.  once you get the heads off, I bet you just go ahead and re-build it..   good luck, jojo

• Like 1