Turbo boost issues

CocoSr

Question

Hello , 

Just wondering if anyone else has had these issues; I lost my turbo and replaced with a reman truck will not boost over 18 pounds it also vibrates and hesitates when I get on it which it was doing before the turbo & it actually used to boost 30 pounds, Before truck had an ecm re tune it boosted up to 40 pounds stock . 
Thanks in advance.
PS. It’s a 2008 MP8 

Edited by CocoSr
Forgot to tell the engine and year

10 answers to this question

Same questions I always ask

When the boost stops increasing are you making smoke

If your making smoke you probably have a air leak or something not working right in the intake

If you are not making smoke a lack of fuel is the problem 

Paul

• Thanks 1

Once again... I saw the word "Delete" on a post about a 2007 and newer truck....  The computers on these trucks are smarter than us... 'sorry' I ment,   Me...   Too many sensor's,  analizing the engine..... as it runs...  anyway,  I don't know,  jojo

• Haha 1

Does your truck have a pyro meter ?

I haven't ever had a turbo fail so I can't be much help

I wonder if it is getting to hot in the exhaust causing the turbo to seize ?

As I understand things, if the intake is restricted the exhaust gas temp will increase, boost will be lower and smoke will be plentiful 

On older coolpowered Macks 20 psi is the max boost, I  understand that it isnt that uncommon for modern trucks to make 40 regularly 

As much as it pain me to say this, and it really does pain me to say this, 2008 isnt modern, phew I cant believe 2008 isnt modern

Anyway what sort of maxmium boost would be expected from this motor ?

Paul

Edited by mrsmackpaul
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Does your truck have a pyro meter ?

I haven't ever had a turbo fail so I can't be much help

I wonder if it is getting to hot in the exhaust causing the turbo to seize ?

As I understand things, if the intake is restricted the exhaust gas temp will increase, boost will be lower and smoke will be plentiful 

On older coolpowered Macks 20 psi is the max boost, I  understand that it isnt that uncommon for modern trucks to make 40 regularly 

As much as it pain me to say this, and it really does pain me to say this, 2008 isnt modern, phew I cant believe 2008 isnt modern

Anyway what sort of maxmium boost would be expected from this motor ?

Paul

I appreciate you! I know the feeling on the 08 not being modern ! Haha ! Before the programming the truck used to boost 40 psi . After that 27-30 max and now 17-21 max I keep looking for leaks restrictions etc just have to keep digging. Thank You Much

You can buy normal old fashioned type of pyros that need anything except the exhaust with a bung for the sender

Maybe just get one and have a look, might of little help but might help find some answers or cancle out some ideas 

Paul