correct on the number of yrs .the early dogs  had the more rounded features. the "new/(improved?????) version has the square look. those ears look quite square , tough call. either way it's a nice find. have to wonder how/why it got there.  is there a B-model lurking under the water !LOL

• Like 1

The chrome looks good, I dont see "Macks" name on the collar, or the patent numbers on his chest. His tail is shorter than my '78 mack Dog. The ears are shorter than mine too, and there is no line on mine that follows his jaw line to his front feet..  I know mine is from a '78 'R' because I stole it off the truck I used to drive ( at the construction co.) when it came in for a trade-in at the dealership I was working at... :)  I dont see threads in his foot and the other looks to be sawed off.. to me,,,, it looks newer, or a re-pop..  I wish I could post a picture of my '78 'Dog'  of course,  I do not know all the history on the "Dog'' .. and I love to learn...  jojo

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dirtymilkman said:

That's a j.c.. Whitney knockoff. The rear legs should ne separate. 

kept looking at those legs ; didn't remember the solid back. wasn't aware of knock offs  jc whitney- im  thinking the store; duh    , jc whitney the auto catalog. i took a R-model base with bulldog mounted  it on my '77 F-350  . dog was from the '70's had the square features.

• Like 2

now we all know it's NOT the best you can do ;;; it's what you could do on last minute notice😆. dog was probably upset he didn't have time to prep for photo session and wouldn't smile THAT's why you didn't take photo of his face 😁😁  LOL

• Haha 1

you should keep it... it is still a cool piece...  I would put it in my curio right next to my gold bulldogs and my die cast Mack's  ..  easy breezy...  :) jojo

Well this is what mine looks like on my 66 but it’s off a 73 model they had to grind off a bunch of stuff in the front to get rid of the corrosion they still did a nice job route re-chroming it it said Mac originally on the  caller and it has serial numbers on the chest I didn’t suck that one in close enough to notice and yes I was also wondering what that thing was doing out there unless it was somebody’s pride and joy and his girlfriend got pissed off at him for some reason and tossed it out there … bob

734B437A-0BDA-4302-B6FA-EB476695F3CC.jpeg

Nice Bob... Of course judging by the hacksaw marks on it.  It may have been a practice run for Lorena Bobbit..  she probably figured, if she could cut this dog off and toss it.....  well,, John would be easy....  just sayin... jojo

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Nice Bob... Of course judging by the hacksaw marks on it.  It may have been a practice run for Lorena Bobbit..  she probably figured, if she could cut this dog off and toss it.....  well,, John would be easy....  just sayin... jojo

Too many years of hard work my brother that’s all I got. Chrome shop in Reno did that 27 years ago and it’s been sitting outside the entire time with no signs of wear they did an amazing job…bob

• Like 1

I was just looking at the pictures again, of the 'Doggie'  I think the poor fella' had a stroke,  his left side looks a little droopy.  How's he doin?  Still a cool piece... jojo

My uncle got me  This one back around 1970 I don’t know what it was off of but he was a mechanic for bacon fast freight and Brooklyn New York and all of the road trucks were Mack’s now I just serves as a nice shop ornament.. I thought I already posted this maybe I did somewhere but notice the serial numbers and the Mack on the collar

82924A31-B5FE-4C4A-9376-6720E94829F2.jpeg