Injection pump change?

eveready

It both have a four bolt mounting to the block and have the AFC or puff limiter on top of the governor then you can trade the drive gears on the pump from one to the other they will work and run.How ever the calibration will be different.I have did this on two of mine.The timing marks on the E7 will be on the flywheel thru the bottom of the flywheel housing.The timing needs to be on or damage will be seen to the engine.

• Like 2

glenn akers

7 hours ago, theakerstwo said:

It both have a four bolt mounting to the block and have the AFC or puff limiter on top of the governor then you can trade the drive gears on the pump from one to the other they will work and run.How ever the calibration will be different.I have did this on two of mine.The timing marks on the E7 will be on the flywheel thru the bottom of the flywheel housing.The timing needs to be on or damage will be seen to the engine.

I believe the injection  lines in the head are metric on E 7 Glenn may clarify!

4 hours ago, fjh said:

I believe the injection  lines in the head are metric on E 7 Glenn may clarify!

All injection lines are metric. I found myself about almost shocked when discovered that both delivery valve housings and injectors had metric threads on Lanova engine made by Mack in 1945! The pump was made by American Bosch though as it was written on its tag. END673, 237 etc all had metric connections at the pumps and injectors. I'm not almost sure on the thread size where the lines go into the head housing on E6, E7 and E9. But my bet is they're also of German origin.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

8 hours ago, Vladislav said:

All injection lines are metric. I found myself about almost shocked when discovered that both delivery valve housings and injectors had metric threads on Lanova engine made by Mack in 1945! The pump was made by American Bosch though as it was written on its tag. END673, 237 etc all had metric connections at the pumps and injectors. I'm not almost sure on the thread size where the lines go into the head housing on E6, E7 and E9. But my bet is they're also of German origin.

All I know is the thread on the injection lines in the head on E6 and E9 were fine thread as apposed to coarse metric on the E7 !

Just sayin!

• Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 10:09 AM, fjh said:

All I know is the thread on the injection lines in the head on E6 and E9 were fine thread as apposed to coarse metric on the E7 !

Just sayin!

This is true but the nipples coming out of the pumps are same thread.That is how you can use a E 6  pump as a spare for a E7 like i have  couple times.

• Like 1

glenn akers