Aftermarket shift knob.

Bliue dm

9 hours ago, Bliue dm said:

I have an 18spd maxitorque. I want to change shifter head but splitter goes up and down. Not side to side. Does anyone know where I can get aftermarket shifter or can I switch to an eaton style shifter knob?

Folks on here know more than I do.  But, I would assume you could change over to an Eaton knob.  As long as the air pressure goes where you want it to go, I don't think it matters what the knob looks like.  I mean, you just have a range shift and a splitter, right?  Shucks, you might could even go old school and separate them into 2 selectors; one on the knob for the splitter and one on the shifter shank for the range!

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

so you dont have a Mack shift knob with the range switch in front and a gray colored splitter on the left side, that is horizontal?   what year are we talking about here?  

On 3/25/2022 at 12:44 PM, doubleclutchinweasel said:

Folks on here know more than I do.  But, I would assume you could change over to an Eaton knob.  As long as the air pressure goes where you want it to go, I don't think it matters what the knob looks like.  I mean, you just have a range shift and a splitter, right?  Shucks, you might could even go old school and separate them into 2 selectors; one on the knob for the splitter and one on the shifter shank for the range!

A friend of mine did two old school splitter valves on 8spd.

On 3/25/2022 at 6:37 PM, Joey Mack said:

so you dont have a Mack shift knob with the range switch in front and a gray colored splitter on the left side, that is horizontal?   what year are we talking about here?  

I do. I want to change shifter but I see no aftermarket support for it. All the designer shift knobs are for eatons

• Like 1

Just compare the operation of your splitter to that of the Eaton 3 line I described.  1 supply red.  2 low range delivery black.  3 overgear delivery (unsure- green or blue).  That company twisted shifters sells an eaton valve and top combo.  The valves are 1/16" pipe thread.  You could change the fittings to 1/8 or 3/16 tube if necessary.  Current standard seems to be 5/32"