Bronze bushing change on

The Mack trunnion repair works..  one of my customers has one, but he didnt know it. He bought it that way..  He's had it 3 years.  I serviced it today, and it is in good shape.  2009 GU-713 Quad 'X' dump truck. 310M tranny, Mack rears...  solid truck.. jojo

• Like 2

16 hours ago, theakerstwo said:

On my bushings i tryed to grease them every saturday as well as the throw out brg.

Same here, mine a pretty new on my 96 cl since I snapped the the trunnion bar two years ago,58 rears..

Helps to jack the truck up by the trunnion bar when greasing it. and grease it with it on the ground too. Even if a guy cheats by just putting the lift axle down when the truck is empty, helps get grease around it. That way after all the troubles of greasing it, then it can just rot away instead of being worn 😃

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/12/2022 at 9:04 AM, MACKS said:

There is no such thing as polyurethane bushings to replace bronze,you have that confused with the pads,just a heads up if your bronze bushings are completely worn thru,u will most likely need to replace the bar and the saddles or it won’t be 100 percent,big expensive job,are u thinking of doing this yourself,I would not advise it..

There is poly reunion bushings along with rubber and rubber encased steel trunnion bushings did the rubber encased steel bushings on my friends 88 R model tandem dump I helped him do it I thought there is only bronze there is all different material 

23 hours ago, Elephant ears said:

There is poly reunion bushings along with rubber and rubber encased steel trunnion bushings did the rubber encased steel bushings on my friends 88 R model tandem dump I helped him do it I thought there is only bronze there is all different material 

The original poster has the greaseable type trunnion,there is only brass bushings for that type,you are talking about non greaseable type..

• Like 1
  • Like 1