SAD NEWS

Brocky

Wednesday evening Michelle Cole of Smithfield TX passed away from lung complications related to the Covid virus.. She was a pioneer woman in the antique truck hobby, Served as an ATHS RVP from Texas, and was the "Ford Guru" of Ford truck information. She had restored a Ford N-950 and an Ford LTL, which she sold a few years ago but still had a F-150, A Falcon Futura, and was working on a Mercury Cougar. More details are here: http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/173351/Den-Mother-sick

Edited by Brocky
  • Sad 3

Brocky

Her Father was the truck shop foreman at a Ford dealership in Austin Tex and when Ford did away with the heavy duty trucks ALL the shop manuals went home in the back of his pickup!!! And Michelle had them!!!!  There are several pictures of her on the JOT link above.

Brocky

Brocky - please do you recall if Michelle was in the military in her younger years? Possibly I had several communications with her around 2015 when I was interested in some non Mack trucks in the US that were for sale and if it was Michelle, she knew the vendors and she was very helpful.

Thank you, that is Michelle. She gave her best promptly without any hesitation, wonderful human being. Her LTL was a great looking truck and well kept by Michelle, tandem drive, Cummins, it had a sleeper (60 inches) and I think it may have been red colour, not sure?

Condolences to her family and friends.

Dan, I have not seen a link to it either??? Dan Aldrich has posted some Facebook messages from her Step Daughter on the JOT site..

Of course there is NO Mention of her passing on the ATHS Website!!!

Brocky

does anyone know if Michelle's website is still active? 

i lost track of her a few years ago when TFFN server crashed and we could not get the forum back up and running.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Found this on Facebook

Michelle Lee Cole's Celebration of Life Memorial Services will be March 26, 2022.

Home town parade to honor Michelle Cole in Smithville, Texas. Parade to start at 103 Turney St. Smithville, Tx. 78957 12p-1p.

In honor of Michelle & to be in the parade please drive an old truck (big or little), an old car, any FORD, a golf cart, or a bike.

Celebration of life memorial service will be at Vernon Richards Riverbend Park 107 State Hwy 71 Smithville, Tx. 78957 from 2p-4p.

Attire to be worn in honor of Michelle can be either her favorite color Purple or anything patriotic.

In lieu of flowers please make a donation to Michelle's church.

Believers in Christ Fellowship of Smithville, Tx. P.O. Box 123 Smithville, Tx. 78957. Contact person is Michelle's Pastor Joanne Grohman (800) 768-0447. Email = Believersinchrist.tx@gmail.com.

If you have any special pictures or videos of Michelle please post here on her FB page. We will have a slideshow at the service of all of the pictures &/or videos we collect.

• Like 1

Brocky