Brockway Huskidrive - CT270

oldspwr

There was a discussion in the antique group in regards to 'Old Mack Engine' and Brockway's Huskidrive was mentioned.  This is when Brockway used a custom torque 270 Cummins, a 5 speed Fuller trans and a 2 speed rear.  Brockway used (2) dogs on each grill to symbolize this, both on the conventional and cabover trucks.  It was also carried over the the 700 series trucks but fairly uncommon.  Here is the factory literature...

The Switch is On - Page 1 of 4.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark T said:

Live tandem twin screw.

That is kind of nuts when you think about it. Could you imagine the carnage if you flipped the switch to engage Husky Drive and for whatever reason only one of the differentials went into high range? Were they air operated or electric 2 speeds? All the 2 speed Eaton "Double Duty" axles I drove in medium duty ford F700s were electric and I remember several 2 speed motor failures. 

3 hours ago, 67RModel said:

That is kind of nuts when you think about it. Could you imagine the carnage if you flipped the switch to engage Husky Drive and for whatever reason only one of the differentials went into high range? Were they air operated or electric 2 speeds? All the 2 speed Eaton "Double Duty" axles I drove in medium duty ford F700s were electric and I remember several 2 speed motor failures. 

Not as crazy as you might think, Eaton did exactly what your suggesting

https://archive.commercialmotor.com/article/6th-november-1964/60/now-eaton-three-speed-axles

Swishman shared the brouchurs for this on a Australian truck forum some years ago, first I had heard of it 

Perhaps if he see's this he might be kind enough to share here as well 

Paul  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 67RModel said:

(lol)   I have a '21 Peterbilt with the same set up, except I use a 10 speed