Mack superliner questions

I have a rw713 single frame tractor on camelback. Long wheelbase. Looking at a rw653 tractor on neway air ride. Its about the same length but its double frame. Question is how much heavier do you think it will be. And is there a frame difference on a rw700 vs rw600. Thanks

With supplying the dimensions of the additional frame rail on the RW653 and using a common density value for steel you could easily determine the additional weight contained in the double frame. I suspect the Neway suspensions saves several hundred pounds over a camelback. You have to remember the spring packs alone are 250-300 pounds each plus you don't have the trunnion on the Neway. I suspect even with the double frame the RW653 with Neway air ride is lighter than the truck with single frame and camelback. What are the dimensions of the frame rails?

16 minutes ago, 67RModel said:

With supplying the dimensions of the additional frame rail on the RW653 and using a common density value for steel you could easily determine the additional weight contained in the double frame. I suspect the Neway suspensions saves several hundred pounds over a camelback. You have to remember the spring packs alone are 250-300 pounds each plus you don't have the trunnion on the Neway. I suspect even with the double frame the RW653 with Neway air ride is lighter than the truck with single frame and camelback. What are the dimensions of the frame rails?

Measured my rw713. Rails are 3/8 thick. 10.5 tall. I cant measure the rw600 because the truck is a couple hundred miles away. But in the pictures the frame looks thinner 

The diagram shows all you need to compare the weight of two frames. Sorry no help with weight of suspensions from my side. Vlad

post-16320-0-89327900-1444347491.jpg

Edited by Vladislav
  • Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012