460 aset no start

SLEDOG

ok... now..... you opened the fuel lines at the head and bled off at least 2, right,  like 'F' said, you pump the primer and pull on the line a little bit and bleed the air..   jojo

1 minute ago, Joey Mack said:

ok... now..... you opened the fuel lines at the head and bled off at least 2, right,  like 'F' said, you pump the primer and pull on the line a little bit and bleed the air..   jojo

I tried but I couldn’t break the line’s loose... I need to go back at it tomorrow with I propane torch and get them loosened up....we deal with rust here...

I know... I'm from Maine...  road salt kills everything..  may I suggest you spray them now with PB Blaster, and let them soak over night...  any good pen. oil will do, then tomorrow use a 3/4" wrench and work them back and forth, with care... the lines are about $150.00 ea.  only need to bleed 2 of them... pick 2 easy ones.  ie: 2+5.....  jojo

yes sir..... I believe it is a fuel delivery issue, and you make good sense..  I hope he doesnt load the parts cannon and fire it,  however,, he seems to be diagnosing instead... jojo

good call Onyx,  Ive been in N.C. for 16 years, and I rarely ever need to pull out torches, and such,  plus a million curse words..  I still anti-sieze every bolt that needs it...  :) .. jojo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, SLEDOG said:

Yah this truck hauled road salt for a bunch of seasons too so the rust has really gotten to her..

usually end up cutting and grinding bolts just to get parts off all the time...O joy!

Pry a double frame too!

22 hours ago, fjh said:

There is a fuel galley plug just above where the blow by can bolts it can be accessed by removing the lid! 3 inch 1/4 pipe close nipple and an elbow! to screw a gauge into! 

Yah I’m going to see if I can figure out what tj was describing here and try to puta gauge in there so I don’t have to take the fuel temp sensor out again ....

20 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

I know... I'm from Maine...  road salt kills everything..  may I suggest you spray them now with PB Blaster, and let them soak over night...  any good pen. oil will do, then tomorrow use a 3/4" wrench and work them back and forth, with care... the lines are about $150.00 ea.  only need to bleed 2 of them... pick 2 easy ones.  ie: 2+5.....  jojo

Thanks Joey..... I actually had to crack 4 lines....she just didn’t want to go on two....

• Like 1