Oil blowing back out of oil fill/ lower breather

Looking for some help on my 69 Mack R611.  I'm having  a lot  of oil come out of the oil fill /  lower breather tube.  The top breather on the motor is clear and flowing good with very little or no oil. My air compressor is also getting   some oil in the air system. What could cause my oil pan to build pressure? 

Thanks for any help.

Scott 

27 minutes ago, Vmac3 said:

I had a customer complaint of oil being pumped out of the breather on a 1996 Ch613. Air tanks had oil in them as well. After checking it out it ended up being the piston in the air compressor having a hole in it. 

V

Interesting.  Pressurized air making its way to the oil pan through the hole in the compressor piston?

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

take the discharge line off the compressor ,  lessening the compressor head pressure . run engine see if there's a difference in back pressure on oil fill. i would go with piston rings. not knowing engine history :hrs, mileage etc. have seen air compressors put pressure in pan ; not common. the pressure build up should lessen when air governor  shuts  air compressor off if it were the air compressor 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

being a '69 the air system is fairly simple. a hole in compressor piston would also mean one slow building air system. other then draining coolant system , to pull compressor head isn't the worse project. if it's pumping oil into air tanks , you might consider changing it anyway. 

• Like 2

The truck runs normal. It is supposed to have newer rings. When I open the air on my tank and it goes down the oil stops leaking by 90%. The hole in the piston of the air compressor. Could be it. The compressor builds pressure normal and seems to work great though. But it appears that the compressor is putting air in the oil pan. 

Thanks you for the help so far!