12 speed hi-low shift cylinder?

MACKS

how about taking the o-rings to youre local hydraulic cylinder shop and matching them up to some cylinder o-rings.  my shop here in town has wall of orings, with what seems like standardized numbers..  just a thought, Volvo doesnt give a damn....  Jojo

14 minutes ago, Macktech20 said:

The only place you'll find that oring is from Mack, and it comes in a kit. I might be wrong because it's been along time, but the kit number is 207SH32 I think this is the correct oring kit for a 12 speed.

Went to Mack today,no good..

11 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

how about taking the o-rings to youre local hydraulic cylinder shop and matching them up to some cylinder o-rings.  my shop here in town has wall of orings, with what seems like standardized numbers..  just a thought, Volvo doesnt give a damn....  Jojo

Yes will try that,thanks.

another option is overdrive rebuilders...  I think its a chain company name. but just call the Concord N.C. location,  I bet they have e'm   704-782-5557, ask for Chance... jojo

6 minutes ago, MACKS said:

Went to Mack today,no good..

Thanks for the part number,gonna try our truck parts store Monday,they rebuild trannys there so they should have them..

5 minutes ago, MACKS said:

Yes will try that,thanks.

4 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

another option is overdrive rebuilders...  I think its a chain company name. but just call the Concord N.C. location,  I bet they have e'm   704-782-5557, ask for Chance... jojo

I googled that part number,lots of on line places have it,but I need them now..lol

Like Joey said local hydraulic shop or stop at your local Cat dealer and tell them to size it..... should be able to in the safe source catalog they have..... I got one of those kits not to awfully long ago from Pittsburgh Mack ......  maybe it was longer than I thought tho..... 😒

• Like 2

On 11/8/2021 at 5:25 AM, MACKS said:

Found some suitable o rings,not exact,just a hair thicker but they worked,gonna order the kit on line for a back up,Thanks folks for the help..

It's been a while now since I  rebuilt mine and I seam to recall now that you mention it that I couldn't get a close enough match with the O rings and they gave me grief so I  went genuine, either way you'll probably okay as everything on mine was pretty worn out

Paul  

4 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

It's been a while now since I  rebuilt mine and I seam to recall now that you mention it that I couldn't get a close enough match with the O rings and they gave me grief so I  went genuine, either way you'll probably okay as everything on mine was pretty worn out

Paul  

I ordered the kit and will install the correct o rings,it’s a simple job,might as well do it right..