How can I get more air volume out of this ac? I know that coils need to be cleaned but does it work to add a booster fan inline somewhere or does that cause some problems with too much air across coil? Also it would be nice to reroute some air and build something to have it blow on my face more.... anybody tried this? I could build out of steel or maybe have a housing 3D printed. 

on both my 99 RD and the 05 granite, just cleaning the evaporator coil mad the difference of running the fan on high for so so AC with dirty coil to only running it on low for super cold in the cab. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

As already said, make sure the evaporatee coil is clean and once it is clean dont drive with window while the AC is going and it will stay clean for a long time 

Some times if the thermostat in the AC doesnt work properly thry will freeze up like a rock and slowly stop air flow

Paul

2 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

As already said, make sure the evaporatee coil is clean and once it is clean dont drive with window while the AC is going and it will stay clean for a long time 

Some times if the thermostat in the AC doesnt work properly thry will freeze up like a rock and slowly stop air flow

Paul

So what’s the best way to clean it?

Pull it apart until you have good accessto the core and blow it out with a compressor 

Need to be careful of the fins as the compressor has enough air flow and pressure to bend them over and this will be just like blocking it again 

Paul

• Like 1

i blow it out. then brush it off it with a soft bristle brush dipped in a cleaning agent solution like simple green or that purple stuff. 

this will  break down any oily crap stuck to the core. then if possible rinse with clean water and let dry before reassembling. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tjc transport said:

i blow it out. then brush it off it with a soft bristle brush dipped in a cleaning agent solution like simple green or that purple stuff. 

this will  break down any oily crap stuck to the core. then if possible rinse with clean water and let dry before reassembling. 

Thanks. Aren’t we on the same Ford forum? 🙂

Anyway, the MR is at Mack for other issues and when it gets back I guess I’ll tackle the ac. I moved that operator to a pump on a t800. Today was his first day with it alone and evidently something in the engine let loose and found it’s way into the turbo. Large invoice ahead. 😞

9 hours ago, Nsfr1206 said:

Thanks. Aren’t we on the same Ford forum? 🙂

could be rabbit, could be...

i am on 4 different ford forums. which one do you have in mind?  

my bet is FTE.